Friday, December 28, 2007

Tired and Sad

I'm tired today. The Saturday before Christmas we went to my In-laws'.

Then on Sunday, my parents arrived.

They pulled out yesterday. I jumped in the truck and headed to town as soon as they pulled out to hunt for a new washing machine. Mine suddenly chose to retire 2 days before Christmas and DH couldn't fix it. If he can't fix something then it simply can't be fixed. As soon as I brought it home, he hooked it up and I threw in the first of many loads. I can already hear it complaining in it's washer language, "Gee. I wish she had just left me at the store. Doesn't this family ever stop doing laundry?!"

Today my brother-in-law and his 3 little rascals drove in. They'll be here through Monday. I love my brother-in-law and his kids are so sweet and cute, but they are 5, 7 and 9 and it's been a long time since our's were that age. I'm not as young as I used to be and I'm afraid I'm showing my age ~ I'm tired.

I'm sad too. I had a long overdue visit with a very dear friend this morning and she told me that she and her husband were divorcing. It just breaks my heart. We cried and laughed and added another strand to our friendship bond. I told her that I missed her and she said that she was afraid that I would judge her. I was hurt and I told her so. I thought she knew me better than that. My friends are so precious to me. Of course we do not always agree on everything, but for some reason, that makes our friendship even richer. We still respect each other's perspectives and support each other. We have poured our hearts out to each other through the years and we have each grown in different ways. If we weren't growing, we wouldn't be living. Everything that God created and breathed life into must grow. It's a necessary part of life, but growing pains aren't reserved solely for children and I am sad and mourn this loss.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...