Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Has Arrived!

I love it when the seasons change! I don't have a favorite season because I love something about every one of them and I love the transitions.

Winter brings the warm, cozy evenings wrapped up in the flannel quilt while the snowflakes drift peacefully past the window.

Summer brings the refreshing taste of a cold watermelon and homegrown tomatoes plucked from the vine.

Fall brings the invigorating, crisp mornings and that golden glow to the grasses that wave in the late afternoon sun.

Spring brings that first warm afternoon when nothing compares to the smell of freshly
turned dirt in the garden beds and this:



I could spend all day out here with these little fellows! They are so much fun to watch!

Yes, I know that spring also brings the wind, but this is a post about the things I love about spring so wind is excluded. Here's a few of the new little bovines:


All the heifers have calved and we have 7 colts on the ground, with 4 more left. Now the only thing left to make spring complete is a good spring rain!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...