Friday, February 6, 2009

January Projects

Morning All! I'm still here. Just been kind of a crazy, busy week. I thought it was about time I share some of the fun projects I have been working on lately. I am happy to report that there is not a UFO in sight. All projects have been completed and are in the hands of their rightful owners - finally! I've been on a creative roll since the first of the year and thoroughly enjoying my new sewing machine!

Here's the baby quilt that is finally in Kansas! They decorated the baby's room in red and blues. This is my 2nd quilt and I've been working on it for a while. I know it's really simple, but I still like the way it came together. Thankfully the baby I made this for is only 6 weeks old now so I'm not too late. Her mama and daddy used to work here - we miss them terribly!

I've been utilizing my new machine's embroidery capabilities and making personalized kitchen towels. These are in my sweet neighbor's kitchen:

and these are in Germany with my Aunt. She called me yesterday because she was so excited to receive them. Yes, everyone will be receiving kitchen towels from me this year! Grin!


Then I chose this embroidered piece for a friend's, and fellow quilter's, birthday. If anyone knows of a good thread source, I would be grateful. I've got lots of projects planned and I'll be going through LOTS of thread!

And here's a card I made:


I also made a few things for Ranch Girl's baby shower we had earlier today.

Here's the decorative pillow I made for a gift. I used some of the same fabric Ranch Wife used in the curtains in the squares of the calico pony and for the border or the pillow:

Here's a picture of the centerpiece I came up with:


And here's the banner I made. I saw these banners on my scrapping group and I thought they were really cute. So when I needed to come up with baby shower decorations, I set out to make one. I love how it turned out and can see making these for all sorts of holidays and celebrations:

Yes, that does say Tadpole. No, that is not the baby's name. It's a nickname...one that will probably stick!

Here's a closeup of one of the pennents.


Seems as if January just flew by. Guess I was hunkered down behind my sewing machine and at my scrapping table all month long. It's a wonder I had time to keep everyone fed and keep up with the dishes!

Now it's on to the February projects!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

OMG. Everything is beautiful. I love the centerpiece. That can be used in the nursery later on. Keep on sewing...Can't wait to see more creations.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the goodies! That quilt you sent to KS looks similar to what I made for my boys...nearly 12 yrs ago. You have been so busy. Thanks for sharing all your projects--you are an inspiration! Have a great week.
Les

Ranch Wife said...

Hi Kellie! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the sweet compliment! My sewing has taken a detour for some scrapping and photography and much needed house cleaning, but rest assured, I'll be back at in a week or two!

Hi Les! You're sweet - thank you! I so enjoy making things. I'll bet your boys treasure that quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...