Sunday, July 29, 2012

Binding Olympics

I love the Olympics! I love the competition. I love the stories.
The other day, my long arm quilter, Jackie, called me and told me my Western Many Trips Quilt was ready. Well, what she really said was, "You might want to bring a crane to haul this monster back home." :)  She said I get the gold medal for piecing the biggest quilt ever! LOL. I'm blaming it on Saska though. When I debated making more blocks, she said, "Make it bigger. :)

'Bigger' is 123x135.


Let the wrestling begin:


So, as the London Olympics kick off, I am excited to sit down and watch the events and stitch on what just may be the never-ending binding:


8 comments:

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Another quilt that could come to SD I'm sure it is colder here in the winter:) I love hand sewing binding while watching Tv in the evenings.

Darlene said...

Excited project to work on while watching the Olympics. It's too dang hot here to do binding on a quilt that big. I'm hot just thinking about it. LOL

Kristie said...

Wow! That is huge!!! I can't imagine quilting one that big!
Kristie

Cascade Quilts said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is a HUGE quilt!!!! How many binding strips did you have to join together for the binding? Like 15????!!! LOL! I can't wait to see it finished!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

At least 13 WOF strips to bind a monster quilt... LOL. Lots of hand stitchin' time. I listen to books when I'm hand stitching so I don't have to look up. Just a thought to make it go faster.

Shelljo said...

Gee, Karin, that would fit quite nicely on my King Sized bed! You know...if you can't find a use for it :)

Saska said...

LOVE getting blamed for this one! You will love it being that big tho. Wagon-quilts...they're the best!

NaomiG said...

Wow, that is SO beautiful! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...