Monday, November 19, 2012

Sunday Night Supper by the Fire

Last night DH and I were out tending to evening chores. I was cleaning out the chicken coop and he was setting a live trap to capture yet another critter. So far we have confiscated a pack rat and a couple of skunks. We walked by the fire pit and DH piped up, "How about supper by the fire tonight?" Have I mentioned that I am married to a brilliant man? :)

Who knows how to build a great fire:


Another glorious New Mexico sky at sunset:


Our big meal is at noon so at night we pretty much eat light...leftovers or something in a tortilla. At noon we had elk tenderloin...perfection and it was even better at night, by the fire. Add a bottle of Cabernet, some cheese, and crackers and soak in the good life.


Winding down:


Perfect way to end the weekend:



16 comments:

Carol said...

Beautifully FANTASTIC!

Kristie said...

Awww....how nice and relaxing.
Kristie

Denise :) said...

What a perfect way to cap off a day!! I'm guessing marshmallows, graham crackers and a bit of Hershey's Bar wouldn't have been the right compliment to the Cabernet?! :)

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Perfection!!! AND the sky colors with that tree in black relief spells Q U I L T!!!

Nancy said...

Simply divine!

(I love the photo of your husband's boot/spur and wine glass.)

Judy Laquidara said...

What a great way to end a weekend! I'm betting you both faced Monday morning with a great attitude and a happy heart!

Marlene said...

Fantastic way to finish a weekend.Love the sunset photo with the tree silhouettted.

juliehallfeldhaus said...

You must be one Thankful woman, wife mother and blogger!! God is good all the time.

Jo said...

Glad you could enjoy a peaceful night.

rosie said...

What a great man, and what beautiful pictures...

Pauline said...

The nicest part is how obviously you appreciate the moment.

Deanna said...

WOW! Sounds like a hot date with a good man. It doesn't get any better than that.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous sunset photo! One to blow up for a frame I think. We get a lot of beautiful sunsets where I live in rural South Australia, possibly because we have a very similar climate to New Mexico.

Karin said...

At some post I feel like I´m reading a chapter of good book. Its a perfect way to end a weekend. Thanks for sharing!!!

Shelly said...

How romantical! Makes me smile.

Staci said...

what a lovely time for you and your DH!
That sky was a stunner! Wonderful desert sunset.
Isn't it nice to just unplug?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...