Friday, November 9, 2012

Wrapping Up Christmas

I don't know what's come over me. I've mentioned before that I'm a firm believer in no Christmas anything until the day after Thanksgiving. I LOVE Christmas music, but don't even THINK about playing it until the day AFTER Thanksgiving. And here I am promoting Christmas each and every month of the year! I'm going to blame it on Darlene and Cheryl and their Christmas Through the Year program. Yes, I am very thankful that I have a box overflowing with handmade Christmas gifts, but I am still struggling to come to terms with this new train of thought. However, I think they have created a monster.

Last week I started stitching up a couple of the Lined Drawstring Bags that Jeni designed last year. Click HERE for her tutorial. I bought her pattern which includes a variety of sizes as well as instructions for figuring how to stitch up any custom size. I highly recommend it! I love, love, love these little bags! One:



turned into 2 


and then 2 turned into 4


  and before I knew it, 10 little bags were perched upon the table.


And I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they continue to multiply.

14 comments:

Darlene D said...

How cute! A great idea!

Carol said...

OH those are as cute as they can be! What great gifts!

Denise :) said...

Wow -- these are perfectly darling! Thanks for sharing the tutorial for the bag -- I can think of LOTS of uses for them!! :)

Darlene said...

ROFLOL - I do believe we have created a monster but an adorable one, at that. LOL

I love, love, love your bags - they stinkin' cute, woman! I'm so glad you played along with us all year.

Nancy said...

These are darling and will make delightful reusable gift bags or a "grab and go" knitting project bag.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Do you have a 'problem' with multiples? Bags and trees??? LOL!! Cute, cute bags.

Stitching away with daughter on Christmas gifts in Kansas. We decided NOT to forage through shops this time as we each have a major stash and have put together a quilt top and 8 small gifts. Heading to the home of the non-quilting daughter tomorrow and will do handwork there as need on the gifts.

Keep showing photos as your inspiration goads me into action!!!

Kristie said...

Oh wow! I love those, such a great idea.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Pauline said...

I L♥VE these little purses! Thanks so much for this post. I went right out to my studio and began making one. I have lot's and lot's of really good Christmas fabric I found at our local thrift store. I've made table top runners until I'm almost sick of them. Still have material so this is perfect for me.
Also, I've made your jalapeno pickles and EVERYONE loves them. I'm about to have to make another batch!
You're a treasure!

rosie said...

Karin, it's so lovely to visit and see what you have been up to.... you are like a woman possessed in your sewing room!! I love it!I too have started to make the scrap jar quilt... I just love the pattern, but it does take a while doesn't it.. Your daughters quilt is beautiful.. xxxx

juliehallfeldhaus said...

I'm still working on aprons!! Those look like great gift bags.

Doniene said...

You are so very clever!!!These are super cute!!

Karin said...

Busy like a bee :) The bags turned out sooo cute!

Dar said...

Your Christmas bags turned out real cute. What are you planning to put in them. Does the pattern have a suggested usage -- which would tell me their size. Thanks for sharing these. I love bags and tote things too.

Staci said...

I love your sweet bags. What a good idea.

When we were up in Phoenix just a few days after Halloween we ran in a shopping mall for a few minutes and there was one of the most horrible things I ever saw..... Santa Claus. Seriously, there was Santa sitting on a throne waiting for children to come sit on his lap....7 days after Halloween.

It is just wrong!

Christmas drawstring bags though, are RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...