Friday, July 24, 2015

What I've Been Up To

1. 2 very long days, a week apart, on the road, looking for housing for college girl. After looking at 21 places, we finally found it.


 We were alternately dejected...prayerful...frustrated...hot...hopeful...irritated... patient...sweaty...tired....hungry...impatient...exhausted...and just plumb tuckered out.

2. Spending time behind my trusty mower trying to keep up.


3. Cooking for unexpected company as our neighbor delivered our winter supply of big bales and he and DH got caught in a torrential downpour (that blue sky didn't stay blue for long) so we wiled away the evening over chicken fajitas and good conversation as the storm raged.

                            

4. Branding some late calves and feeding a few extras. Made me grin when I started cracking eggs at 3:30 in the morning and the eggs smiled back:


5. Stitching a binding and looking forward to a finished quilt soon.


6. Trip 3 to move college girl into her humble abode.


Made me smile to see that these were the first things she unpacked and set out:


Alas, no kitties allowed so unpacking this made her sad:


So her beloved feline will take up residence with us. We already have another one of her kitties, but they are good cats. They spend 90% of their time outdoors and wander in from time to time for a bite to eat and some lap time.

7. Being thankful for another good rainstorm although it was accompanied by much lightening that struck a tree close to the house


as well as the transformer by the house, twice in two days, knocking out our power.

8. Eating lots of this in an attempt to keep cool. The temps have soared well past 100° this week.


9. Making Soft Scrub and using it on the stove and tub, Sparkly stoves and tubs make me happy.

                         

10. Finalizing plans for something that, for now, I have to keep under my hat :)



10 comments:

Judy said...

You have been busy!! Hope your daughter enjoys her new place. She can add a few items. I finished a baby quilt that has the points in the seams. It's wonderful you have a little rain. Have a wonderful week end. It's Sabbath for me (an SDA). Blessings
Judy

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Love your smiling eggs!!! They should have sung, "good morning, it's morning!!!" to you...LOL!!!!! Girl, you have been busy! I thought you might be buried under knit hats. Good to see all the photos of your busy-ness!!!

In the 90's here and the high humidity is a strangler. Stay cool and for goodness sake, try to stay busy!!!

Denise :) said...

Love catching up with you -- the eggs smiling back at you made me giggle!! You're such a clever gal . . . using the ol' hat over the project (in theory) photo! I love secrets! Glad you got your girl tucked in safe and sound in her new abode. It's tough, I know. Keeping y'all in my prayers!!! :)

Barb Neiwert said...

Never a dull moment, right? Your Christmas quilt looks lovely. And good to help your daughter get settled in her new home. Interesting recipe for your soft scrub. It must work well, so I might give it a try. Thanks for the recipe. Stay cool!

Tired Teacher said...

How well I remember the frustrations of apartment hunting. I'm glad you found something suitable for your daughter and have her settled.

Nothing more frightening than a close lightening strike. Yikes!

The eggs made me smile, too.

Dar said...

You have been very busy, for sure. Love the kitty snuggled up on your quilt. She's making sure it is feline approved before it gets given to anyone.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I need a nap after reading all that!!! Love the new little house for the girl!! Hope your power stays on!

juliehallfeldhaus said...

We have been getting some rains too, and storms but not much damage here. Love your smiling eggs, but nothing should be awake and smiling at 3:30am!!!!!

Helen said...

What is and where do you buy castile soap? I would love to try your soft scrub recipe.

Thanks and enjoy reading your blog.

hl3smith@yahoo.com

Dorian said...

Sounds like you are staying awfully buys Karin. I'm glad dd found a home, glad you got some nice rain. LOL to the eggs, too funny. Can't wait to see your projects. Take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...