Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Cajun Salmon

We're beef eaters. We raise cattle so it only stands to reason, but we are equal opportunity diners and we eat a variety of foods. And we like salmon. And I probably fix it 3 or 4 times a month. We used to eat Tilapia too...until we all saw a documentary about them being bottom feeders a few years back and now I don't fix it anymore. -Grin- My apologies to all you Tilapia eaters out there.

The other day, I was looking for another way to fix salmon. It was too windy to grill it and I thought about pan searing it. I usually bake it. So I took a gamble and looked online and this recipe from the Creole Contessa popped up. I quickly scanned it and was glad to see that I had all the ingredients on hand so Cajun Salmon was on the menu.

And we loved it...a lot!  So I of course thought of y'all first and I knew I had to share it. I've linked to her site above because it's definitely worth browsing through. I keep going back because there's lots of recipes and I haven't had much time, but my list of things to try is getting longer.

Cajun Salmon

2 salmon fillets
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/2 c Italian parsley, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil

*Preheat oven to 475°. Mix your first 6 seasoning together in a small bowl - set aside. Rub both sides of your salmon with the olive oil. Rub your seasoning mix into both sides of the salmon. Top with part of the lemon juice and zest. I baked mine for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley and more lemon juice. I took the photo before I added the parsley.

Dinner is served:

                       

This has a nice kick to it that won us over.

4 comments:

Terry said...

The internet is just great for recipes, I have gotten quite a few. I don't like Salmon, but my husband would probably love this recipe.

Tired Teacher said...

Salmon is one of the few fish that I enjoy. My all-time favorite is pan-fried trout.

Janet O. said...

This looks really good! LOVE salmon!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yummmm That looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...