Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Bourban Chicken

Yep. Another recipe. :)  I like Pinterest and I've pinned a lot of recipes. I enjoy trying a couple new ones every couple of weeks and we loved this one.


Here's the link to the recipe:

Bourbon Chicken

I made a few changes. First off, I didn't put it in the crockpot because I started too late and I really don't like cooking raw chicken in the crockpot. I cut the thighs into bite-sized pieces and browned them in a splash of olive oil and about 1 Tbsp of butter, seasoning them with pepper. We like the extra layer of flavor that browning them adds.
I made the sauce following the original recipe although I probably added just a tad less sugar and I didn't have the fresh ginger. Loved the combination of sweet and hot and will be making this one on a regular basis. Think I need to add more pages to my recipe book!

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I tend to make the same dishes all the time; perhaps, it's time to be adventurous.

Granny said...

Oh, that looks good! I'm going to try it. I also like trying new recipes -- that seems to make the mundane seem more exciting.

Pauline said...

Just got the chicken "white meat" out of the freezer. Don't have apple juice, so will use apple sauce. Don't know if I'll get the crock pot out or use my old iron dutch oven. Maybe a little extra bourbon too? And brown rice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...