Friday, April 28, 2017

Fishing With Skeet

We've been putting in some really long days. Monday was, of course, sale day and we sold 1131 hd of cattle. Then Tuesday dawned bright and early. Well, at 3:30 it is neither dawn, NOR bright, but we were gathering cattle and I rolled out of bed and headed into the kitchen to start breakfast for the crew. And then again on Wednesday, when the boys sorted off calves, loaded them, and we headed to a town 2 hours away to sell them. I think at this point, I was running on auto-pilot.

I was pooped, so when DH told me to get ready, I was going with him on Thursday morning, I wasn't very chipper about it. He didn't tell me where we were going and when I asked him if I needed my gloves he said no. But when I walked to the truck, he had loaded Skeet and a couple of fishing poles and my mood became instantly sunny. *grin* Praise God for this dear man!



And yes, I would still praise God for him even if we hadn't gone fishing. :) There ain't nothing that a couple hours around the old fishing hole can't fix!


We've had about 4 days of awful wind, with another 3 forecasted, but the morning was still and perfect. I divided my time between fishing and taking pictures, but I absolutely wanted to capture the morning fun:


And the fish were biting:


Skeet was delighted, but he wasn't quite ready to plunge in completely. DH said if I got in with Skeet, he'd jump right in. Ummm...no.

                               


He scoured the edge of the dirt tank, eagerly taking in his new surroundings:



Ready:


Set:


FLY:





He didn't venture far from DH when a fish was on the line:



Skeet's first fish:

                                 

And he took his job of 'keeper of the  fish" very seriously:

                            

Skeet knows a good thing when he sees it:

                              

Hey, where are you going with my fish?

                              

Guess I'll just have to catch my own!


LOL. Little toot saw the fish moving on the stringer at the edge of the water and snagged one. I love this picture. He didn't know what to do with the slimy fish and he either let go or the fish thrashed about enough that he lost his grip.

One happy puppy:


Fishing is a team sport around here:



We only fished for a couple of hours, checking waters as we drove back, but it was just the perfect break we needed and we both felt rejuvenated and enjoyed a fresh grilled fish dinner at noon. Needless to say, I think Skeet enjoyed his introduction to fishing too:


12 comments:

allthingzsewn said...

I enjoyed that outing myself. You're really getting good with that camera girl.

Tired Teacher said...

What a great way to recharge! The photos of Skeet's first fishing adventure are priceless.

Pauline said...

What a fun day! DH had a great idea. He's a jewel.

Dorian said...

Glad you were able to get out and get some refreshing time! Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my gosh - those are the best! What a character you have there! Although.... If you do decided to get in with Skeet - hand your husband the camera - that would be hilarious!!!

Dar said...

What a wonderful day full of great pictures and action shots. I agree, if you decide to go swimming with Skeet, we have to see it to believe it!! I'm a lover of fishing too, so Skeet would be welcome on any of my fishing trips too.

Judy said...

Happy day for all of you. I like fish! It's fun to take a few hours to relax. Hope you did! Hope your ear is well! Take Care. We are headed down the road!

Sherrill said...

What a great day for you!! A good time was had by all (though I still think that's a pond and not a dirt tank! LOL).

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your husband is a smart man--sometimes a woman needs a day off to go fishing. Skeet looks like he had a wonderful fishing--I don't think you will have to ask him twice next time you go.

Libby said...

I love this post................you have made my day !!!

Ranch Wife said...

And you have made mine with your comment, Libby! Thank you for stopping in and taking the time to comment.

Denise :) said...

What a fantastic day! You'll make a pro fisherman (errr, fisherdog?) out of Skeet, I'm sure of it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...