Friday, July 21, 2017

Quilts in Progress

I apologize if ya'll went to read this post and it disappeared. I think our 8 year old computer is finally nearing the end. I'm still running Windows Vista on it!  And now that it is beginning to eat blog posts, it is time to let it go. We do have a laptop, but all of my 25,000 plus pictures are on the PC. Most of them are backed up on an external hard drive, but it's time to back them up to another location where I can access them from other devices. I really do have a love-hate relationship with technology.

So, I'm attempting to rewrite this post. Sigh. Skeet is not happy with me as we should have been back from our morning trot long ago and we haven't even left yet. Hang on Skeeterbug!

I think I'm finally caught up on baby quilts for a bit...at least for a week or two. I've got 2 big quilts to bind but it'll be a while before those are done. I'm a slow binder. I only work on bindings and hand stitching in the evenings and there's not much time to bind during these long summer days. I've still got a few quilts in various stages and I think it's a good time to take stock and make a list.

Now, this didn't all happen in a day or two...or even a week. This has taken place a stitch at a time, here and there, over the course of probably the past 3 weeks.

1. A while back, I bought this line of On Deck from Craftsy


to make this quilt and I finally opened, pressed, and cut it out


2.  Then in my attempt to use up leftovers from an old Lilly and Will line, I cut and pieced a top using the Baby Sails pattern, substituting bunnies for the sail boats


The pink and  white piece is large enough for a backing. but I still had leftovers


So I made 100 QST and am piecing those into a top. And I think there's enough left for one last quilt from the leftovers of the leftovers. :)


3.I made a southwestern wall hanging quite a few years ago. It's just been sitting as a top because I couldn't decide if it needed a border or not, but I finally just cut a backing and will hand it off to Jackie


4. I bought this piece when I needed $3.00 in order to reach free shipping status on an order and was determined to get it into a baby quilt


So I pulled coordinates,  made a slew of HST's


And pieced it into this design:


And that led to yet, another leftover quilt:


5. When we're on the our way to anywhere and I'm not driving, , I grab my little box of EPP and make a little progress



6. I worked on the May and June clues for the Two- Step Mystery Quilt over at My Carolina Home. The last clue is coming out today and I'm excited to get this one finished and gift it to Grandma Lillian:


7. I am making bias binding for this one. This is the one I'm most excited about:



8. And I'm currently binding this one:



9. This one was put on the back burner in June because June got crazy with cow works and the kids coming home on 2 weekends. I would much rather have the kids home than sew and I love that they enjoy spending time with the old folks.

 I was very careful and pieced slowly on this one, but it still didn't fit together the way it should and I became frustrated, but now it's time to stop procrastinating and get back to work on it.



O.K. Skeet... we can go now

                           

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Do you ever sleep? With all the work you do on the ranch it is amazing the amount of sewing you accomplish. You are the epitome of , if you want something done, give it to a busy person. Everything looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Dotti

Tired Teacher said...

Way to go! Using all those leftovers and leftovers of leftovers must feel pretty good. I can't wait to see them quilted and bound.

Enjoy your walk.

Janet O. said...

If Skeet read this, he is probably too tired now for that walk!
I understand the disclaimer that it didn't all happen at once, but I still want to know--when did it all happen? Your life is so busy. I can't imagine fitting all of this in with everything else you do if I'd had an entire year! I would need too many naps.
Each project is well chosen--colors look good together, and your work is well done. Kudos to you, Karin. I really don't know how you do it.

Dar in Mo said...

I agree. You are a master at juggling all your many tasks and still turn out beautiful quilts. I like all if those patterns for baby quilts.

allthingzsewn said...

Give Skeet a milk bone for me, patience should be rewarded. The sailboat and rabbit exchange is adorable. Really like the fabric line, but too expensive for me. Gonna try the hst one with scraps. After reading this I think it's time for you me and Skeets to take a quickie nap. Oh, that can't be right I just got up. You all try to be careful and not overheat today.

Shelly said...

That's a LOT!!! And Skeet is so adorable sleeping on the quilts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...