Saturday, December 9, 2017

Here Comes Santa Claus

I finally began to haul the Christmas decorations in from the shed this week


and I wanted to show you the newest addition. My mother-in-law has collected Santas for 30 years. Anything Santa was fair game to her and we all have many fond memories of Christmases with a house bursting with family and a whole herd of Santas.


This year she decided that it was time to disperse her collection among family and as I drove back to the ranch after my road trip, she asked me to stop and choose some Santas. I don't have a lot of space, but I loved the idea of having a piece of something that she enjoyed for many years and one Santa really did tug at my heart.


He is made from an old quilt


and I just knew he would be perfect.


I have this red metal sleigh and Santa was the perfect addition to it, but he was just a little too short. He needed a booster seat so I looked around for something close at hand and lo and behold, right next to me, the stack of quail ammo sitting on the entry room - laundry room shelf caught my eye...perfect fit!


I figure Santa likes smoked quail as much as we do! Now, I'm counting on ya'll to remind me of where those extra boxes are when DH is looking for them!


10 comments:

Sherrill said...

Just hope Santa doesn't accidentally get blown outta his seat! LOL He's very cute.

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE AMMO SANTA-- ALWAYS PREPARED!!

Terry said...

How nice, and he is so cute. Wonderful to have memories. Merry Christmas.

carol fun said...

What a sweet Santa... packed full of memories!! And I love how you propped him up... Santa should always be prepared ... LOL Merry Christmas!!

M.E. Masterson said...

I love your Santa!!! Quilted and sittin on a box of Ammo! ha ha...cherished memories right there in your living space! lovely!!

Tired Teacher said...

The.quilted Santa is a perfect decoration for you. I suggest leaving him out year round; after all, I think Santa normally visits NM to soak up some sun in the off season.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is adorbale!! and perfect for yoU!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Very kind of your MIL to pass her Santas to family--the quilt Santa is perfect. AmmoClaus will be prepared for anything he encounters on Christmas Eve

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Love your quilt Santa. I USED to collect Santas and have over 300. How many can I send you????

Dar said...

What a cute Santa and a very clever booster seat!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...