Friday, February 16, 2018

Under the Needle - February

I still don't have any finishes to share, but progress is being made on the sewing front.

I love the Olympics, but I haven't been able to get in as much watching in as I would like. When I do settle in, I've been working on a binding:

                               

In my sewing room, I've completed clue 4 and 5 on Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake and am currently stitching up clue 6:

                                    

And I've cut out this quilt, that I'm making for our girl:

                           

The original is 56 x 70, but I reworked the dimensions as I'm making it bigger to fit her double bed.

I pieced a quick baby quilt for our girl's new landlord's grandson who is 1 and in ICU with pneumonia:


And I'm looking to make this quilt using western fabrics for a friend dealing with some serious health issues:


Tomorrow I'm making a trip to town to sew with my Quilt Squad ladies. I haven't decided what to work on. I need something mindless as we tend to visit and eat and share projects we're all working on during out time together. I only made 2 meetings last year so I'm making an effort to make a few more this year. I hope to take something I've already started because the last thing I need to do it begin a new project. :)

That ought to keep me busy for a while!

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

I have been doing a lot of stitching during the Olympics--any excuse to sit and watch. :)
Oh, I hope you have a fun day out stitchin' with the gals!

Anonymous said...

Is the cross pattern yours? Do you sell it or share it. Great gift for a minister.
Dotti

Tired Teacher said...

❤️ that baby quilt and the one with the cross.

Have fun with the Quilt Squad.

Shelly said...

I love all these! I don't know how you get so much done with all the other stuff you're doing!

Dar said...

All of your ongoing projects look like they will be beautiful quilts. I especially like the quick little baby quilt for the landlords son.

Doniene said...

Wonderful projects! Always love to see a snippet of your life!

Blessings and hugs!

carol fun said...

Such great projects... you and me and well all of us are never gonna run out of quilts we want to make...and isn't that a good thing? Hope you had a nice time at the meeting... visiting with like minded people is always fun. happy quilting!! hugs!!

M.E. Masterson said...

Fantastic....I am hoping to get back on track to create new designs with my fabric!

Pauline said...

You do beautiful work. I think you have more patience than I could ever muster! Glad you're having more time to sew.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...