Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Terrifically Tilda Quilt Finish

 In June 2022, the only UFOs I had were at the quilter's and I was ready to start something new.  I had been on a mission to sew up my collection of jelly rolls. This is a different type of fabric than I usually gravitate towards, but I'd noticed it in a few quilt shops back when it came out and I was drawn to the quilts made with it. I never bought any and by the time I decided to, I ran across 2 Tilda Plumb Garden jelly rolls on sale in 2020 and brought them home. 

I don't buy Tilda fabrics anymore because they are more expensive and I really have come close to reaching my capacity for stash storage anyway. And I finally decided I love fabric so much more once it's in a quilt so I am challenging myself to use what I have and that's pretty easy to do when I've got so many great choices. That led to these becoming a Jelly Strip Stash Buster Quilt. 

You can find the tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew HERE. I didn't want to think, I just wanted to run fabric under the needle and this fit the bill although it probably took me longer to pair up fabrics than it should have. 

Still, 42 blocks came together over the course of about 10 days. And then it sat. For almost 4 years. Yikes. But I finally dug it back out in March and made another 39 blocks

I was short 1 block and cobbled one together

I still have the 2nd jelly roll, but didn't want to break it open for 1 piece. I cut a variety of the chambray fabrics for a scrappy binding

Sandy quilted a design called Asian Fan that complements the quilt top nicely

I was stumped for a backing. I couldn't find anything in my stash that I thought would work and I finally settled on this print that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I wasn't completely sold on it, but I really like it now.

I like the way everything came together and at 62" x 74", it'll make a good throw quilt

I'll have to come up with another plan for the 2nd jelly roll. But for now, I think this will work. I like this simple, modern take. It looks somewhat like patchwork which is always a winner in my book.

2 comments:

VAMama said...

What a soft-looking pretty quilt -- but my-oh-my, that last picture with the unreal super-beautiful background really sets it off!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh this is lovely!!! I have that pattern in a to do file - Seeing yours makes me want to pull it out. and the fabrics you used - I LOVE those!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...