Simple pattern. Easy stitching. Plenty of choices in my fabric pantry. And yet, I struggled. I could not settle on what I wanted. I could have made 10 quilt tops in the time I spent choosing and discarding options. Silly.
I finally settled on a panel of squares but had to re-figure math so that the fabrics would line up with the squares and then my quilt ended up ridiculously long and I complicated everything by piecing borders on the side and I didn't like it at all. Then when I snapped a picture of it off the deck I thought, "Well, that's kinda cute." 😄
Then I felt like I ought to make another one to prove I could follow instructions. 😉 So back to square 1. I opened this bin of western fabric that I've had for probably 20-30 years...long before I made quilts.
And I pulled these 3 fabrics for plan B. The selvedge on the horse fabric says 1996 so it's well-seasoned.
And before I knew it, a quilt top was born...and I just so happen to need a little western quilt.
Lessons learned?
Keep it simple. (Work in progress)
Don't overthink it. (Long road ahead)
Follow instructions. (Eventually) 🙃
Enjoy the journey. (Absolutely!)





Very cute! Both of them!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your version better! You did your own thing and ran with it. What a great way to use that panel.
ReplyDeleteBoth quilts are wonderful! I often revise a quilt pattern then wonder why I did. The grands are going to love these quilts!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnd that!! is how we get in trouble haha - what a great little cowboy quilt!!
ReplyDelete