Besides writing here, I don't participate in a lot of social media. I pop on Instagram every so often and pick up recipes or quilty inspiration and a while back this account called the tiny joy project popped up and it was simple...and sweet...and profound...all at the same time.
I've always approached my days with a sense of wonder and taken notice of the many, tiny, quiet gifts that are tucked into every day. I shut out much of the 'news', the loud, the noise from my life. I make room for Christ...and family...and friends...and tiny little joys.
And I wanted to share that with you.



Loved your post. It is so easy to lapse into negative thoughts and feelings these days. I find prayerful glancing at the news headlines etc is enough to be informed but not bogged down. Scripture encourages us to focus on the positives in our lives--I remind myself frequently. I am 87. This evening my 70 yr old sister-in-law came to dinner and we spent 3 hours filled with laughter and sisterly comradery. You would have thought we were teenagers. It was good medicine. And besides that, we have the joy of knowing Jesus way down deep in our hearts. Thank you again for the lovely post.
ReplyDeleteI block out much of the news too. It’s much too depressing. I agree we have to find joy in little things as we get older; much like a child.☺️ There’s always something to be thankful and grateful for.
ReplyDeleteYes! I LOVE these quotes! My camera roll has tons of sunset/sunrise beach pictures as I can hardly contain my excitement with each passing moment. God gave us many different emotions, and I am proud to say I use most of them on a daily basis :) I do try to use more of the positive than the negative ones tho.
ReplyDeleteKathy
and peace! I love your little tiny joy- its the tiny things that make the day so happy
ReplyDeleteHeartwarming and uplifting. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteYears ago, a woman moved into our church ward because her husband told her she was too argumentative and so she came to live with her niece's family. As I began driving her to her appointments, because it was autumn, I pointed out the most beautiful fall colors on the trees. I knew she was still hurt and angry inside so I didn't point out ALL the beauty I saw, just the ones I couldn't help exclaiming over.
ReplyDeleteAbout 6 months later she'd lost fifty pounds, was happier, and in a better state of mind. She told me how upset she'd felt at my pointing out how beautiful the trees were. "Doesn't she know how terrible I feel? How angry I am?" she explained. But as time passed, she realized that YES, it was a beautiful world, and she could see it beyond her sadness and anger. A year later she moved back to an apartment near her husband, and they were reconciled. But she had a different outlook on life now. She realized that there is beauty everywhere, and it is life-giving and healing to recognize it.