Thursday, September 17, 2026

S'mores Quilt Finish

 This project started back in 2013 when I saw this quilt 

in this magazine.

I made 1 block immediately 


And then started pulling fabrics


Then, for whatever reason, it always ended up getting pushed aside, but I loved making the blocks whenever I would drag it back out. I enjoyed making them so much that I made more than the pattern called for so my quilt is bigger.

It was fun to use up scraps

Then I stalled out when it came time to choose fabric for the sashing. Nothing felt right. I don't have a lot of options locally, but I'd always look and pop into quilt shops when I was on the road. I finally settled on this sale fabric that I found online. I still wasn't convinced it was the best choice, but it was what I was going to use.

I reaĺly dislike piecing quilt tops that are on the diagonal, but this one was worth it. The little economy blocks are a favorite of mine

I shared this shot in a previous post, but it made the cut for this one again...Skeet's too sweet.

Sandy used a design called Mother Goose that shows up nicely on the back.

I pulled a print from my stash for the binding

At 88"x88" it will be a good fit for the guest room bed or a nice addition to a fundraiser although DH has taken a liking to it.

I am so tickled to have this one finished after all these years!

2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is beautiful! Why don't you give it to the rancher for Christmas? It looks perfect to snuggle under. Happy stitching!

Donna said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the colors. You should keep it after starting it 13 years ago. Skeet is just adorable in that photo.🥰

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...