Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Under the Needle: September

 Time for another end of the month sewing recap. I think time speeds up when we sleep. It's the only way I can explain how fast I'm flipping the calendar pages.

Five or six years ago I picked up this chicken fabric, pulling a few coordinates from my stash as soon as I brought it home

Since then, it's moved around my sewing room a lot, I switched out the red, but I finally took the next step, pressing and cutting it out for a baby quilt

Making something with this bundle, has been on my list for a few years too. It's an older line called Snuggle Season and it finally saw the light of day this month as I contemplated possible patterns while pressing the fat quarters

The jury's still out, but I'm leaning  towards using either the Ramona quilt pattern or making a triangle quilt, but the triangles may not make the best use of the fabric I have. I'm still browsing through my stash to see what I can add. I know that will include plaids. 😊

Saddle Ranch was cut out in August, and I enjoyed stitching it into a top this month although in this photo, it's still just in blocks.

I also dusted off this Blueberry Cobbler project. It's an older Bonnie Hunter pattern she calls Winter Blues, but I had to rename it because we live in the land of sunshine and we don't get the winter blues here. I started this one years ago and it makes the UFO list every year. I had 86 little blocks made, but needed more and then started in on another block. 

I worked on it quite a bit the last half of the month and made good progress as well as a huge mess.

I handed off 6 quilts to be quilted early in the month. I see lots of binding in my future...good thing it's one of my favorite parts of making quilts. Finally Flannel Season is my current binding project

My S'mores quilt finally made it over the finish line this month

And this Dream Big Little One baby quilt also had the last stitch added

I just keep chipping away at the quilt list I made back in January and I've managed to stay pretty focused, while still working on whatever catches my eye. One thing that is certain... I don't foresee running out of projects any time soon. 😉

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...