Thursday, April 28, 2016

Lone Star Baby Quilt Finished


This is the second baby quilt I've made using this pattern by Amy Smart.


You can find her free tutorial here: Lone Star Baby Quilt Tutorial . This is now my 'Go To" baby girl quilt pattern. I've already pulled fabric for another one. For this one, I just pulled fabrics from my stash that I thought would make a cute quilt:


And I used this green for the backing that has a pretty white swirl running across it and bound it in a pink I had in my stash:


And Jackie quilted this sweet flower design across it:


I love the way the morning sun accentuates the quilting:


It measured 38 x 38 and will soon be wrapped around a sweet baby girl.


13 comments:

Theona said...

Adorable!

Janet O. said...

Just lovely!

allthingzsewn said...

What a sweet quilt, I glad you posted this one. I meant to go get the pattern when you made the first one and but can't find it. So on my way to Amy's now.
Thank you and Blessings
Tonia

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! Love the green backing with this cheerful quilt.

KaHolly said...

It's a stunner! I love it! The quilting is perfect for it. Well done! XO

Pauline said...

Beautiful! I have a "non sewing" friend expecting a first grand baby. I'm going to try to get her to do this one.

sandi s said...

It's so pretty I just love it! Hugs,

juliehallfeldhaus said...

You did it again!! To cute for words:)

sherry said...

wonderful pattern for a baby girl

Nancy said...

What a great baby quilt, Karin. It looks fairly simple to make (I think?) and would go together quickly (if it IS simple). And yet its so bright and beautiful.
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

surinam said...

superbe,j aime beaucoup ton choix de couleurs.

Carol Swift said...

This is beautiful and the quilting looks amazing!

Shelly said...

This is adorable! I'm behind on reading, so I'm just now seeing it -- sooooo cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...