We were alternately dejected...prayerful...frustrated...hot...hopeful...irritated... patient...sweaty...tired....hungry...impatient...exhausted...and just plumb tuckered out.
2. Spending time behind my trusty mower trying to keep up.
3. Cooking for unexpected company as our neighbor delivered our winter supply of big bales and he and DH got caught in a torrential downpour (that blue sky didn't stay blue for long) so we wiled away the evening over chicken fajitas and good conversation as the storm raged.
4. Branding some late calves and feeding a few extras. Made me grin when I started cracking eggs at 3:30 in the morning and the eggs smiled back:
5. Stitching a binding and looking forward to a finished quilt soon.
6. Trip 3 to move college girl into her humble abode.
Made me smile to see that these were the first things she unpacked and set out:
Alas, no kitties allowed so unpacking this made her sad:
So her beloved feline will take up residence with us. We already have another one of her kitties, but they are good cats. They spend 90% of their time outdoors and wander in from time to time for a bite to eat and some lap time.
7. Being thankful for another good rainstorm although it was accompanied by much lightening that struck a tree close to the house
as well as the transformer by the house, twice in two days, knocking out our power.
8. Eating lots of this in an attempt to keep cool. The temps have soared well past 100° this week.
9. Making Soft Scrub and using it on the stove and tub, Sparkly stoves and tubs make me happy.
10. Finalizing plans for something that, for now, I have to keep under my hat :)