Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby Jungle Quilt is a UFO No More

Crossing off another UFO. Yay! Now that my cross stitch project is finished I can turn my attention to some of these projects that have been languishing in boxes for far too long. I don't even remember when I started this quilt. I'm thinking early last year, or it's entirely possible that it was 2010. I'm much better now at recording the details. All it lacked was the binding.


 I found the pattern in one of the quilting magazines and I cannot for the life of me find it to give proper credit. I'll keep looking and if someone recognizes it, I would really appreciate if you drop me  a note. It measures 32x36. Smaller than I like, but I love the pattern and will definitely be using it again although I'll make it bigger. If I can find the pattern! :)


 I had Jackie quilt it for me and she quilted a fun aztec-ish pattern in this playful variegated thread. I backed it with a simple blue mottled piece of fabric that I had in my stash.

 Cute jungle print that makes me smile:

 and wish I had used that on the back, but all in all, I really like this little quilt. It's just waiting for a little baby boy.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms Karin, who do you send your quilts to for quilting?? I finally got the top done on a UFO and I'm thinking I will send it off to a long arm quilter...

Sallie said...

Such a cute quilt! I'm continuing to pray for your son.

Michigan Gal said...

Very cute! The green in the plants really pulls the color in the quilt. Could this be a double bowtie pattern? Glad you were able to cross another UFO off your list!

Cathy Hetzel said...

What a nice bright happy quilt......always good to finish a UFO........

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

I love the colors!!! That is great, good job Karin! Look at you go, crossing off your list and stuff...making the rest of us look bad! lol

Staci said...

What a fun quilt! I love the color so much. That is one lucky baby!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!I am finishing a quilt that I am disappointed with since I bought a kit. I won't be doing that again.

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Cute quilt. I just keep starting new things my sewing corner of the basement is a real mess.........

Judy said...

It is always nice to finish a quilt that that has been hanging around for awhile. It is an awesome quilt!!

agent713 said...

SO CUTE!!! I love this!

Ranch wife said...

What a cute quilt. Love it. And yeah for the finished cross stitch. Darling.

~M~

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE it!! That jungle print is adorable... save it for a grandbaby ( just don't encourage those kids quite yet LOL)

NaomiG said...

Beautiful. Loving the bright colors, and that jungle print will be great in some little one's bedroom!!

quiltmom anna said...

Karin,
what a fun baby quilt- it will be well loved by its owner- Little ones love bright colors1
I noticed that you reached #99 followers and thought you might like to reach #100 so I joined your site( I was surprised that I wasn't already following you) so now you have reached triple digits.Congratulations1 I hope you gain many more..You have a very nice blog.
Spring time is coming to Alberta and life is going pretty well.
Regards,
Anna

Karin said...

I love it! The fabrics are just perfect. I also like the quilting - sigh I wish we would have quilt services here in Germany without paying a fortune for it.

Carol said...

Hello Karin.
I'd like to present you with the Leibster Blog Award - The Liebster Blog award is presented to blogs that the presenter believes should be recognized. It is given to "small blogs" - those with fewer than 200 followers. You might have heard of it ... but if you haven't do stop by my blog and check it out. quiltinginindia.blogspot.com
Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...