Monday, March 9, 2009

Homegrown Tomatoes


I want you to do something for me. Scroll down to my playlist of music and click on "Homegrown Tomatoes" by Guy Clark. I was introduced to him 2 years ago by way of the fellow that delivered our Dining Room table from Texas. He is a musician and we took a liking to him...or maybe he took a liking to us...either way, he ended up spending the night and we broke in our new table with pizza and an entire evening of he and DS jamming guitars. This is one of the songs he played and sang and I immediately ran out and bought the CD.
Now don't blame me if you walk around the house belting this song out at the top of your lungs. I love it! It just puts a skip in my step and makes me want to dance. Don't deny it - it'll happen!

Tomatoes of the homegrown variety! I CAN NOT wait until I pluck the first homegrown tomato of the season from that vine! There is just very little that compares to a sweet, juicy sun-warmed tomato straight from the garden! Having a bad day? Well I dare you to walk out into your garden, wiggle your bare feet into the soil, select a ripe tomato and bite into it. Bet you'll feel better instantaneously!

I know this post would better be suited for the summer and my garden's not even in yet, but homegrown tomatoes are all I can think of so a post about them is what you get! Here's hoping this will at least whet your appetite for getting a garden in this spring! So take heart! If you are still knee deep in snow or buried under torrents of rain please send it all directly my way because we are in desperate need of moisture and then know that this:


is just around the corner!

5 comments:

Ranch wife said...

I feel like my brain is a tomato this morning. Ha

I have the seeds, I have the dirt, I have the pots...but alas I have not had the time. Hoping to get the green house planted this week. Yikes time is winding down..mercy me.

~M~

Anonymous said...

KARIN!!!!!!! This is one of my first musical memories from my Daddy's Guy Clark collection! AND my friend's husband's band is called "Homegrown Tomatoes". They are a local bluegrass/whatever the feeling may be band.

http://www.iowarecords.com/HomeGrownTomatoes.asp

Bobbie

cottonpicker said...

Meeeee Tooooo!!!!!!

Countrygirl said...

We heard that song while living in the panhandle of Texas. Every now and then I hear it again. I like the song and homegrown tomatoes.

Paula said...

Ummm, I can taste 'em now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...