Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Snickerdoodles


I'm sharing an oldie, but a goody today. I've been making these for over 20 years and I made a double batch last week to take to the Safari Club Picnic. They're nothing new and I imagine everyone has a recipe for Snickerdoodles. but I wanted to add them to the recipes I've shared here. They're an especially sweet treat with a cup of coffee and yes, I'm saying that even though I don't drink coffee. :) I have confirmation from DH and Grandpa and countless brand inspectors, cattle buyers, truckers. and cowboys.

Snickerdoodles

1 C shortening
1 1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 tsp cream of tarter
2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp sugar

*Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, mixing thoroughly. Combine flour, salt, soda, and cream of tarter. Add to creamed mixture. Mix well then chill dough for a couple of hours. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl; set aside. When thoroughly chilled, roll dough into small balls, the size of a walnut. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on cookie sheet. Bake in preheated 400° oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned, but still soft. Let cool on baking rack. They will be crisp, yet soft. If you like a crisper cookie, bake a few minutes longer.


6 comments:

Pauline said...

This sounds like it will be much easier than my old Snickerdoodle recipe. They are similar to my sugar cookies but a lot less trouble. Will be perfect to have in the cookie jar for my company in August. Thanks Karin.

Tired Teacher said...

I haven't eaten a Snickerdoodle in years.

Theona said...

I keep forgetting about Snickerdoodles and, yet, they are among my favorites! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Libby said...

Thanks for sharing as I have lost :0( my oldie but goodie recipe !!

Janet O. said...

Oh, yum!! I love to use butter in place of the shortening in my Snickerdoodles. I can't resist a cookie made with butter!
I have even found a Gluten Free Snickerdoodle recipe that isn't too bad and now I want to go make them. : )

Dar said...

Those are some of my favorite cookies although I don't think I've met a cookie that I didn't like. :) I use butter in mine too and I love cinnamon in anything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...