Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dear Senator McCain

Dear Senator McCain,


These past few days I have felt compelled to write down these thoughts that have been rushing about in my head so here I sit. First and foremost, I must thank you. Thank you for being a hero during a time when heros are few and far between. Thank you for your service to our country, past, present and future. The sacrifice's you have made are greatly appreciated. Thank you for standing up for all that is right and good for so many years when so many only follow the crowd. Thank you for choosing a side and not sitting on the fence. Thank you for standing up for what you believe in, for believing in the America that our forefathers fought to bring to life and for fighting to preserve it and the freedoms and values that America was built upon. Thank you for your selflessness when so many today only think of themselves. Thank you for your faith -"In God we trust" is always worth fighting for.




One of my favorite books is Tom Brokaw's The Greatest Generation - thank you for giving me the opportunity of discussing this with my children and then pointing to you as a highly regarded member of this very special group. We have had many fabulous conversations around the dinner table this past year and you have been in the center of so many of them. My husband and I have enjoyed the discussions about economics, government, history and the election process with our 2 teenage children. I'm proud that our son wishes to serve his country through the military.




And thank you for taking the time to make a stop in the little town of Roswell, New Mexico. I can't begin to tell you how very honored I was to have been a part of that! We were thrilled to take part in both rallys and it's an experience I will never forget. As a new American citizen, this was my first year to vote and I was honored to cast that all important vote for you and Governor Palin. This was my son's first year to vote as well and it was exciting to see his enthusiasm in the election process. He jumped at the opportunity to volunteer at the Republican Headquarters when he was in town and came home excited and passionate about your campaign and the vision you had for this country each time.



I must also thank your family for the sacrifices they have made along the way. The long, crazy hours; the intense schedule, the endless miles, the probing media coverage - it must be brutile. They handled it all with amazing grace.



On the subject of your choice for a vice presidential running mate: Sarah Palin was a brilliant choice!


I truly believe our country is a better place because of you. It's comforting to know that there are still people, although admittedly too few, out there who are willing to put their country first. I'm proud to be an American for numerous reasons, one of them being that America is still the land of heros and one of those heros just happens to be named John McCain. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family sir. Thank you and may God continue to bless America - he has done so in you.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Did you write this to John McCain? You mentioned being a new citizen when you wrote and I was wondering where you lived before the US? Interesting..did you and DH marry young? If so, how did you meet? Sorry if I'm being too nosey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...