Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fall Finish!

Finally! Gosh, it's been a long time since I've finished anything! For all the time I spend working on projects, I certainly don't seem to be getting much accomplished. Some days I feel as if I'm working backwards!

But today is a good day! I finally finished this little fall quilt for the back of the loveseat.


 It just measures 51x51", but I love it. I adore fall colors and this certainly won't be the last quilt I make with the colors of autumn. I didn't use a pattern - just pieced 4 patches with 6" squares on point. This is the first time I pieced the back. I was inspired by all the cute pieced backs I've been seeing floating around in blogland.

I was excited to get it finished in time for Thanksgiving. I know - I'm cutting it close, but it can drape over the back of the couch for a few days and curl up with a family member or two before being folded into the armoire to hibernate.

I follow a fun blog called Quiltstory, that always includes the wonderful stories behind the quilts that are shared. The stories are what make quilts so priceless and everyone has a story to tell. Over time, those stories are what make up our history.

On Tuesday's they host Fabric Tuesday and invite fellow bloggers to share what they're working on. Its always fun to see what others are creating so I thought I'd share this quilt today. Hop on over there to see what others are stitching up and be inspired!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

what a fun and cozy quilt you have to pull out of the closet for the autumns from now on - just gorgeous !

NaomiG said...

That is absolutely beautiful! What a treasure!

Karin said...

I love this quilt - the fabrics you have used are just perfect! Great job!

Shelljo said...

I like it. Very pretty.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a cute quilt - perfect for fall! Way to sew girl! P.S. I so get the doing a lot of sewing but not getting much done LOL!

Ranch wife said...

Very beautiful! LOve the colors.
~M~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...