Monday, August 17, 2026

Another Week in the Rearview Mirror

 Sheesh! I've really fallen off the blog wagon this month. And yes, all is well, everyone is happy and healthy, I've just misplaced my posting mojo and although the little bits and bobs of daily life fill up our days, it doesn't seem like they fill up a post. 

I did get my America 250 quilt top together 

And I pieced all the border sections

Binding stitches were added during UFC fights. Not many though because I'm a big UFC fan...have been for 20+ years. Folks are always surprised to know that.

The barn kittens are growing (there are 8)

Our jungle hen that raised 3 babies in June, immediately began sitting on another clutch of eggs the minute she deemed her 3 independent and now she is raising 10 more!

                                                         

DH's new toys always mean more work. He gets frustrated that he's not getting more done. Our son piped up, " Rome wasn't built in a day." #1 son speaks truth. đŸ˜‰

                       

Since I am nowhere near Greenland, Iceland, Spain, or Portugal, I missed out on the recent solar eclipse, but being 32 miles from a small village in one direction, and 53 from a town another, leaves us with incredibly dark skies and the best seat in the house to enjoy the Perseid meteor shower in the predawn hours. Not even pretending to capture the show with a phone camera. Just sat back and captured it with my inner astronomy nerd self.


Little E was over one day 


Pap and her daddy made plans 


and worked on the never-ending fence project
                                                 

DH can hardly walk by the end of the day, but his hip hasn't stopped him from tackling this project although the doctor said it would keep a normal person from walking, but he IS part mountain goat. His surgeon is currently deployed so we're in limbo for the time being. 
                                                       

Little E and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen where she was excited about her new pink sponge.


We made a mess, but even cleaning up can be fun
                                                  

We're still enjoying garden produce


And I enjoyed having help with the windows


We also made Whoopie Pies...recipe coming soon!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...