Monday, March 30, 2015

Why I Need 6 Feet

This blogging medium has introduced me to some amazing people...kind, generous, thoughtful, inspiring, talented people. People who live far, far away. People with whom I know I would love to share a good visit over a glass of iced tea and a piece of pie. One of those people is Nancy, who blogs over at Wyoming Breezes. She makes beautiful quilts for QOV,  knits the prettiest socks, and shares the most interesting photos of her world travels. Honestly, girl, I would love to hear your story. I think people live fascinating lives.

A while back, when I picked up my mountain of fabric, I was thinking of Nancy. The prices were just too good not to share and I thought she might be able to use some for backings for QOV. We visited over the phone and after texting back and forth, I sent her some fabric.

I didn't expect anything in return, but Nancy, being one of those amazing, kind, generous, thoughtful, talented, inspiring people I mentioned above, sent me something absolutely wonderful! She sent me not one:



 not two:


but THREE pair of her incredible wool socks:

 

Thank you does not convey how over the moon I am about these socks, Nancy! You have spoiled me and I am overwhelmed and grateful! Not to mention that I am now more determined than ever to learn to knit socks.

I don't care that I live in the desert SW and that its going to be 85° today. I am not waiting for winter to wear these. DH laughed at me the other day when he walked past the bedroom and saw me contemplating the top of the dresser.
"What are you DOING?", he asked.
My reply?
"I can't decide which pair to wear first."
Yes, 6 feet would be mighty handy right about now.

9 comments:

Doniene said...

I too so want to learn to knit socks!! And I too have been the blessed recipient of a pair of Nancy's amazing socks!!! Enjoy, dear friend!!! 85 here too. Take a peek at my blog - I posted about the new Beauty in my sewing room! I think you might like her!!

Blessings and hugs!

Theona said...

Ecclesiastes 11:1,2--"Be generous: Invest in acts of charity. Charity yields high returns. 2 Don’t hoard your goods; spread them around. Be a blessing to others."

Karin, you exemplify this passage. You are a blessing to many, including myself.

Tired Teacher said...

YOU are the generous one, my friend!

Love the photos of your "blooming" sock tree. ;o) I hope you get many years of wear and enjoyment from the socks.

Lana said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Very nice...BOTH OF YOU!
Giving is always the MOST fun! Walk ON GIRL - WALK ON!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I've read Nancy's blog for a while and admired her quilts and drooled over the gorgeous knit socks!! You both are such generous people. Your three pairs of socks are so comfortable looking. I would offer a pair of feet, but have small feet, so that probably wouldn't work anyway...LOL!! Enjoy your socks!!!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love it! And I'm completely jealous. :) blessings, marlene

Lisa said...

I enjoyed seeing your green leaves! We are still brown and no buds yet on the trees, Those socks look very warm and nice on a chilly morning!

Pauline said...

Terrific! I'm happy for both of you. Even tho I'm a bit envious. I've tried to knit socks and failed miserably. Wish I could find someone to coach me through a pair. But then, I'd have to give up quilting time.?? What a delima!

Staci said...

Marvelous! What GORGEOUS socks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...