Monday, July 8, 2013

Christmas really DID come in July!!

We were really looking forward to the 4th this year. No big plans, but Caitlin was coming home and that's always a cause for celebration. Gary had just come in from the shop where he was making wheels for his smoker and I had just come in from the garden and sat down with a glass of water. I didn't even hear her pull up, but I heard her walk in and say, "I brought you something."

Oh my goodness! Did she ever!! Look what she brought:


 There are no words. Tears and hugs, yes, but no words.

Those 2 young'uns pulled a fast one on us!! We didn't have a clue. Haven't seen Tyler since he came home in October on his post deployment leave. He had a 96, which means he had 4 days off and he flew from California to Texas where Caitlin picked him up.

How awesome are they?!


We cooked supper over the firepit and set off fireworks which we have had for 3 years. Since it's been so dry, we hadn't used them. This year, the recent rains allowed us to indulge. We weren't even sure if they were still good, but there wasn't a dud in the bunch. Supper under the stars is a favorite around here:




The next morning, Blueberry Muffins were a given. Tyler loves them and can put them away in no time. They could only stay until early Sunday morning...very early Sunday morning. Tyler had a plane to catch in Texas at 10 which meant the kids had to pull out at 4 am.

Can you say 'soak up every second'? I was so excited to have them both home that I had a hard time falling asleep, but once I did, I slept so well. It does a Mama's heart good to know that both of her cubs are sleeping in their rooms. I was half tempted to sit by their beds and watch them sleep like I did when they were babies. :)

They're didn't stay  nearly long enough and I couldn't even begin to fix all their favorite foods, but no one went hungry.


The kids went to town on Friday afternoon for a movie at 5...Despicable Me 2 received 2 thumbs up. LOL Then on Saturday morning we all loaded up and headed to one of our favorite places at 7:30:

                                                             


1



2

 3


4 rounds of skeet apiece


and lots of catching up:


before heading to the mountains for a ranch rodeo and a good visit with Granny and Grandpa:


On  the way home,  we stopped at Dairy Queen. Strawberry Shakes are somewhat of a tradition from when the kids were little:


The boys both shot clean on that 4th round of skeet. 25 out of 25. Caitlin shot a 22 which is awesome...unless your Daddy and brother shoot 25's. LOL This is my favorite picture from the weekend:


Thanks you two! It was the best surprise ever!! Love and miss you already.

22 comments:

KaHolly said...

Oh, I had goosebumps throughout the entire post!!

Rhonda said...

How sweet this must of been for you. Looks like a great 96 for the Marine and his family.

Doniene said...

Okay, I'm tearing up!! What a superb treat for you and Gary!!! Blessings to you very, very sweet family!!!

Shelljo said...

Awww. That's enough :)

Nancy said...

Fantastic!

Libby said...

How wonderful ~

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Simply AWESOME! I have to admit, I had a few tears reading this! LOVE all the pics...beautiful Family K!!!!!!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Karin, I'm so happy that your kids surprised you and Gary. What a thrill for you and I, too, had tears before I finished.

Denise :) said...

Yay yay yay!!! What a happy surprise for y'all!!! Happy, happy, joy, joy!! Sounds like you had a lovely, marvelous weekend! :)

Judy said...

That is heavenly for sure!! Wow, what a wonderful post. I loved it. Thank you. What handsome children and that son is a real hunk. I had warm fuzzy feelings. Thank you for sharing all your pictures. I know you will treasure those days. Congrats to you and Gods blessings to your children.

Catrin Lewis said...

I'm so happy for you! A neighbour of ours has a son in the forces and I know that every visit, however short, brings her such joy (and sorrow).

Vickie said...

Aww, I'm so happy for you and your DH, getting such a wonderful surprise from your kiddos.

Pauline said...

Looks like a very happy family. So happy for you. Caitlin was so thoughtful by not telling you they were on the way. She knew you'd be too, too busy cooking all their favorites and then be too pooped to enjoy their visit.

Unknown said...

What a great way to spend the week end ! Looks like fun was had by all. I had a tear in my eye while reading this. Soo Happy for the time you had with the family all together !! just wonderful !!

agent713 said...

How wonderful!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am so happy for you!!! He has really grown up.... and your daughter - how sweet of her to let her brother and dad beat her. It was quite kind of her to see how important that was ;-)

laverne said...

What a wonderful time ,you seem to have incredible kids.!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise! I'm so glad you had this time with your family.

Unknown said...

How wonderful to read something so lovely. Enjoy you great family!!!

Jo said...

I am so happy for you!! Unexpected surprises are the best.

Karin said...

What a great surprise! This post is written with so much heart and love - I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming family post

Staci said...

Wonderful! Wonderful!! Made me all teary eyed to read it! Wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...