Friday, August 15, 2014

No Place Like Home

I've been away for 9 days and it sure felt good to pull on to my dirt road last night.You better believe I rolled down those windows and inhaled every bit of the crisp air I could.

 A week ago this past Wednesday, I snuck off with one of my coworkers and headed to Amarillo for the day . She was taking her sewing machine in for maintenance and asked me to tag along. I almost didn't go since I had planned to leave for Texas the next day, but go I did and we had a ball. She is such a joy to be around and we have a lot in common. Of course, that meant hitting the quilt shops. I was in search of a backing and came up empty handed, but I sure did enjoy pulling bolts from the shelves and auditioning them for projects she had planned. I did come home with just a smidge of yardage that I could not leave behind even though I haven't a clue as to what I'll do with it. I left the house just a hair after 5 that morning and it was 10 pm when I finally made it back home. A long day, but a really awesome one. It was a day of fellowship, fun, fabric, friendship, and food. That makes for a very good day indeed.

Then it was another predawn wake up call as I drove over 500 miles to spend some time with my Mom the next morning. I logged on lots of computer time, catching up the books for their business, but I wasn't so rushed this trip and we had time to take trips and go to the show and go out with friends. It was a good week and I didn't worry about DH quite so much since our girl was home with him.

 She made a hand while I was away and they even hauled horses up to the mountains, grabbed grandpa and rode through some pretty country on a scouting trip. When I got home last night, the house was clean, a pie was on the stove, leftovers were in the fridge, and the entire headquarters had been mowed and weed-eated and de-weeded with the tractor. She and DH worked on it for 3 days. I even had freshly washed sheets on our bed! What a treat!

On Sunday night we even had 3.2" of rain!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! And this morning, I threw in a load of laundry and headed out for a morning walkabout.


The morning sky never ceases to take my breath away out here. The colors change with every step and my heart just overflows with thanksgiving and praise for God and the gift of each new, glorious, sunrise.

 I sometimes listen to audio books when I walk, but this morning I was just filled with joy at being home and I simply wanted to drink in the clean air and the sights and sounds and smell of the ranch.


There truly is no place like home.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

What a beautiful sunrise photo!

Glad to hear that you had a nice trip and that your homecoming was even better.

Dorian said...

Welcome home Karin. Sounds like you had a great trip. Glad you were able to go spend time with your parents.

Anonymous said...

You have sure been busy! I know you were glad to get back home.I read your post last night after I got in from the Texas Ranch Roundup.Heading to Wichita Falls again this afternoon for the trade show,supper with friends,and the rodeo. LOVE the sunrise picture.I never have got started on the audio books,might just have to try them sometime.Im like you in that sometimes just spending time in the quiet is good.Always feel closer to the Lord.Well have a blessed day !

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Sounds like you had a good week. It was foggy on my morning walk her today! It's 10:46 and still alittle foggy.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Glad you had a good time and a wonderful homecoming!
We truly have been blessed with rain this summer!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Welcome home!! I think I love your daughter ;-) Glad you got a lot done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...