Sunday, November 20, 2016

What I've Been Working On

Sewing around here happens in fits and spurts. No sewing for 10 days and then I hit upon an hour or two a couple of days in a row. Saturday was a Quilt Squad sew day in town. I opted out. It's what social hermits do. :) Such a great bunch of ladies, but going to town is just painful for me and there was plenty that needed doing around here.

I went in on Tuesday to help with the extension office Christmas Joy Holiday Showcase at the Civic Center and that was all the socializing I could handle in one week. Those ladies worked hard to put on an impressive program. All I did was show up for the afternoon program and help restock the snack table for the evening presentation. There are 4 stations and everyone rotates every 20 minutes. A ton of projects, recipes, and ideas are presented at each station. So many that I was overwhelmed, but they send you home with a spiral bound book containing every project.


 My hat goes off to our home economist, Shannon, and everyone that made it a success. I was not even remotely thinking about Christmas before I stepped into that Civic Center, but I felt as if I had been transported to the North Pole once I arrived. It messed with my "No Christmas until after Thanksgiving" mentality.

Bulls were gathered and put out with their respective tribes this week:


And this project was pieced and is now ready for borders:


Chiddlers will be coming and going for Thanksgiving. Their visits will be short but sweet and I am thankful that they want to make the 4 hour drive to be home for such a short time.


So I won't be starting anything new before then, but I'll have a finished quilt to show after Thanksgiving. Just waiting for my quilt holders to arrive. I'll bribe them with pie. Works every time!

6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The holiday showcase sounds like an impressive event, but I'm with you on allowing Thanksgiving to reign in November.

Love the sneak peek at the patriotic quilt.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving with your family!! I'm thankful you take the time to blog and share your quilting adventures and recipes.

Dorian said...

Glad the kiddo's get to make it home for a bit Karin. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Denise :) said...

You wanna know how geeky I am? My almost favorite thing in this post was that comb-bound book of projects. LOL! We have the combs/punch at work and if I print anything of substance, you can bet I'm going to punch it and throw a comb on it! LOL! :) My first favorite thing was the fact that kids are coming home for Thanksgiving! YAY! My second favorite was the turkey -- how cute is that??! :)

Kevin the Quilter said...

That's a bunch of bull! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is cool that they send you home with a book! And that project for borders - more photos please ;-) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...