Thursday, September 12, 2019

A Little Road Trip

Yes, all is well. I simply haven't been spending much time on the computer. Thank ya'll for your well wishes, thoughts, and prayers as I continue to hobble around on my trusty crutches. I know I need to rest my knee, but I'm not a very good rest-er although I will never turn down a  good nap!

DH has been a big help. Yesterday we went to town for my pre-op. I told him to drop me off, go ahead and run errands and then we could head back home after he picked me up. Efficiency is the name of the game when we make trips into town because we want out as quickly as possible. On very rare occasions DH has been to the grocery store with me and he picks up 2 or 3 things if I need something when he's in town, but he's never actually been grocery shopping without me. Poor guy is lost in there. It made me smile when he phoned to ask me about what kind of this or that he needed to get. He found some new things too. 😉

I was in and out of the hospital quickly and even had a good visit with the nurse who ran the EKG - our chiddlers were in 4-H together and DH and I have always enjoyed visiting with her and her husband so it was good to catch up. After I finished, I found this pretty spot outside while I waited for DH:


I am so grateful that the brutal summer  heat has disappeared. DH shot in a USPSA match this past weekend in Albuquerque and the weather was amazing:


Yes, I went and hobbled through. We were able to pull the truck into each bay and I sat and read in comfort when DH wasn't shooting or when I wanted to rest my knee. Then I hobbled out and videoed his runs. I felt badly that DH had to do all the loading and unloading, but I love watching him shoot. The early birds congregate to discuss stage plans and we are always the early birds.


I like shooting too, just not in public or in competition. Both the truck bed and back seat were fully loaded. Good thing we're empty nesters because there wasn't room for kids. 😉


Call us picky, but yes, we travel with our own pillows and a quilt...of course. It was a 2-day shoot and we take a cooler full of water, snacks, and food for lunch, but we splurged on supper Saturday night:


I ordered (and shared with DH) the (gigantic) shrimp wrapped with bacon, stuffed with cheese and jalapeno, served on dirty rice and it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten in a restaurant.


I've been careful about what I've been eating since I'm not able to walk and be as active as I was before I wrecked my knee and I was surprised to see I'd lost 6#. Not a lot, but certainly better than gaining it!

The orthoscopic countdown continues. The 17th is getting closer. I am ready to retire the crutches!

10 comments:

Sherrill said...

Looks like you've been having some fun even with that bum knee!! Glad you'll be getting that scope soon and then back on your own two soon after that!! Losing 6 lbs WITHOUT getting the usual walking? WOW!!

Chiska said...

Horray for getting closer to retiring those crutches! Glad to hear that you're still enjoying things. Just wanted to say good morning and thanks for sharing!

barbara woods said...

good luck with your surgery

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Sure hate that you are still on crutches!! Hopefully after the "clean out" you will be back to walking and feeling great in no time. Prayers for you!

Rose said...

The 17th really is not that far away...we don't take our own quilts, though that is not a bad idea. but I make sure our pillows go with us.

Dorian said...

Almost there Karin. I hope recovery wont be too long for you. I see you are keeping up on your reading though :) So that's a good thing. lol. Have a great day.

Shelly said...

I hope it all goes super smoothly, and you heal up fast and get back at it!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Glad your still hanging in there! LOVE the back of the truck all filled with stuff you need!! I have that border fabric on one of my quilts!! I love it!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Positive thoughts and prayers for a good outcome with your knee

Anonymous said...

I am behind reading my blog list and want to wish you luck with your knee surgery. If possible, would you be so kind as to share where to find the pattern for your triangles you posted in August? It is very interesting and looks like a good quilt for a man.

Thank you,
Susan Rizzi
sarizz104@optonline.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...