Thursday, November 21, 2019

Good to Sew

DH brought home a deer on Monday and the dehydrator is working hard on the first batch of jerky. Cutting up a deer makes a big mess of my kitchen so I spent some time scrubbing surfaces and washing all the dishes DH uses. Yes, it looks like a tornado when he gets in my kitchen. 😉But we'll be snacking on jerky for the next year and that makes it worth a little mess.


Besides stitching bindings on the front side of 2 quilts, I haven't sewn a stitch since August 10th, but yesterday I was reunited with my sewing machine. The soggy wet morning was an added bonus. I felt spoiled as it was too wet to get around and DH ran to town to run some errands and he even returned with dinner which left me with more sewing time.


I wanted to get a quilt made for our boy for Christmas and Jackie said she'd get one quilted for me over Thanksgiving and yesterday was the only day I had to get it pieced. It's been a long time since I spent the day stitching up a storm:


It felt good to have the top done at the end of the day.

9 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Stormy days make great sewing days! Glad you were able to finish the quilt top.

Judy said...

I finished a quilt top recently but it needs a border. I set it aside to start a quilt for my son and DIL, but making hst’s is taking time. I’m using 6 charm packs for one of Bonnie & Camilles patterns. We are in Arizona for now. I thought of you as we drove through New Mexico. Last week I made Venison stew with dumplings. I cut the pieces smaller this time and it tasted better. You take care this winter and I’m thankful you are finally well again.

Chris said...

Don't you just love sewing days? And not having to make dinner? Yes!

Mmmm, jerky! My husband hunts, too, only for elk, and those animals are huge. My kitchen turns into a butcher shop for days as he cuts and I wrap. Sometimes I wonder if it will ever clean up and return to normal! But I love never having to stop at the meat department at the grocery store.

Violet said...

Love quilting on rainy days...even better here in Florida when I can throw the windows open and hear the birds singing. What a beautiful view you have from your sewing room. After 4 years,I'm still set up on our dining room table!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

So happy you got to reconnect with your sewing machine!!! Also glad you got rain!!

I'm just saying: said...

deer jerkey is SO delicious! I haven't had any in years.

Dorian said...

Yah and getting a deer! Deer jerky is so good. I'm glad you had a good, wet sewing day. Woohoo on getting the quilt top finished. Have a great day!

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you're back to sewing! And I love it when My Cowboy shows up carrying dinner along. It's always a huge relief!

Nancy said...

Reading through your recent posts -- about 6 or 8 of them -- I continue to be amazed at all you accomplish! Strong woman you are, Karin!
I've never had deer jerky but I'm sure it's good. Do you have to slice the meat yourself or does someone else do it?
I love your window view -- that your windows are so low.
Congrats on getting your son's quilt finished all in one day. Good work!
And I love the scrappy quilt you made. Hourglass blocks are good alternate blocks, aren't they?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...