Wednesday, September 29, 2021

I Spy Quilts

 Since realizing I didn't have a ready supply of little boy quilts, I've turned my attention towards making a few. I settled on making I Spy Quilts. I've had it in my mind to make one and a friend and I even exchanged some squares a few years ago. However, for some reason I suddenly felt compelled to make them now and I began collecting. I won't tell if you won't.


Some are from my stash, but there are packages arriving in our mailbox as well and I am having so much fun


I've been collecting setting ideas as well. My mind needs some semblance of order amidst the chaos of so many busy prints, but I also don't want these quilts to be huge. That may be a problem since I think I've got close to 70 different fabrics and I can't seem to quit! I've spent way too much time looking for JUST the right prints with bears and horses and I simply refuse to make an I Spy quilt that doesn't include Winnie the Pooh. If you know me at all, that will come as no surprise. 😊

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

These will make a great supply of little boy crib quilts, happy stitching!

vkh6210 said...

How about a Sudoku quilt?
https://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-tutorial---sudoku-quilt-by-carole.htm I made one a few years ago using only 9 prints but with an I spy quilt, each set of 9 could be any combination. I may have to make me one now. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Donna said...

How fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

If only you could find more hours in the day for all you do!!
Cute prints!! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Nancy said...

I am sure you will get more than one quilt. I agree that with a busy quilt you need someplace for the eyes to rest.

Have you continued to get rain? Another blogger I follow is currently traveling in New Mexico, she said they got rain yesterday with more forecasted for tomorrow. My grandson is attending New Mexico State and thought he was moving away from rain but said they have even gotten some. Maybe your drought is coming to an end. Won’t that be nice.

Janet O. said...

Oh, I can tell you are in your element! :)

Sherrill said...

GEEZ!! Why didn't you ask? I have quite a few I could've sent you instead of spending all those $$$$. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...