Thursday, September 9, 2021

Economie Zoologie Top

I bought this kit on clearance from Craftsy - they had some great deals back in the day - in September 2016 (blogs are great for keeping track of everything) and last year I decided it had lived in a bin long enough:


I'm not a big fan of kits, but I've caved on occasion. Pulling fabrics together for projects is one of my favorite parts of the quilting journey and kits remove that aspect so I'm thinking that may be why I'm not drawn to them more often. But the fabrics in this little quilt were too fun to resist:


Once everything was cut, the blocks came together quickly:


I pieced this in February 2020 and soon I had a completed top. Once Jackie worked her magic, I stitched on the binding:


She used a fun alphabet quilting design 


and I backed it with these happy dots:


It's bright and cheerful and at 66" x 84" it'll be the perfect size for all sorts of grandbaby adventures:

5 comments:

Dorian said...

Good morning Karin, cute baby quilt :) Have a lovely day.

Donna said...

Colorful and cute! I can see why you bought the kit!

Janet O. said...

So very cute!
I have to ask--how do you know when something has been in a bin long enough? My projects seem to be extremely comfortable in their bins. And I am way too comfortable leaving them there. LOL

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s adorable! I purchased clearance kits on Crafts for the fabric. I have a few left in my stash, some batiks and a Kansas Trouble.

Shelly said...

Love this one! So bright and happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...