I know, I am posting a lot of quilt finishes lately. I didn't finish anything the first half of the year and now they are all coming together at once, but most of them have been on the assembly line for a few years. I have 2 more here that need binding and I'm picking one up from Jackie on Monday - that one needs to be finished first. Sometimes I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and not finishing anything so this feels pretty good.
This little quilt began in June 2019 with some cute charm squares:
And a simple plan. I like simple and I'm a pretty simple girl.
Make some pinwheels and alternate with a charm square.
Let's put it on point.
Sashing might be good.
Oh, let's add cornerstones.
I'm sure a pattern exists somewhere for a quilt like this,
but I took the road less traveled and made it up along the way.
And let Jackie work her magic
And at 60"x60", I really like the end result, but next time, I hope I can keep things simple and put the pinwheels and charm squares in the right spots. I never even noticed that I mixed a few up until just before I hit the button to publish this post. Funny how this last photo camouflages my 'well fiddlesticks' mistake. Now I really will need to make it again - just to prove I can make it right, but since there is no pattern, we'll just say it IS right and that the mixed up blocks just add character. 😉