Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Bramble Patch Baby Quilt Finish

 Earlier this summer our girl had asked me to make a quilt to celebrate the birth of a dear friend's first baby. When I saw the Bramble Patch Collection, I thought that might fit the bill for a Peter Rabbit inspired nursery theme. I started with a Layer Cake, but then bought fat quarters.


I chose to alternate 6" squares with pinwheels

I love these soft, sweet prints


I found his soft pink/peach minky at Hobby Lobby and thought it would be a sweet backing


Oliver's always on my heels and curious about everything

Jackie has retired and her daughter Sandy - who teaches at the local private school - is picking up where Jackie left off and she quilted this sweet panto called Fronds in a linen colored thread

I bound it with a yellow from the collection

At 40 x 50, I hope this quilt will be loved by this precious baby girl 

Skeet was off on an adventure with DH and he was happy to turn his quilt modeling duties over to Oliver. đŸ˜‰

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love the soft, gentle fabrics. Very pretty, happy stitching!

Anonymous said...

Ah I remember when you started this! Very subtle and gentle. I'm interested in the minky backing - does it get batting too or just the pieced front and the minky? I've never used minky, so I need to do some research!

ceci

Anonymous said...

Precious…both the quilt and the kitty!

Janet O. said...

Such a delicate, sweet looking quilt for a wee girl. And Oliver makes an excellent quilt model. :)

RuthW in MD said...

Oliver is such a wide-eyed kitty! What beautiful fabrics! I've always put batting behind minky fabric, it doesn't have enough thickness between the puffy circles for my liking.

Theona said...

I love that line of fabric and what you did with it. What a treasure.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Wonderful gift. Am so happy to see Oliver thriving and accepting ranching duties.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...