Friday, June 14, 2024

Grandmother's Famous Cranberry Bread

 I've  been on a mission to clean out the deep freeze lately. I found a partial bag of frozen mixed vegetables so I made a Chicken Pot Pie last week. Then I unearthed some frozen mixed fruit so Summer Berry Pie was on the menu. Frozen cranberries were up next so I mixed up this Cranberry Bread. I've been making it for probably 10 years and I found the original recipe HERE . I omitted the raisins and just added more cranberries. 

We love cranberries and our favorite cake is this Cranberry Sour Cream Pound Cake that I only make for Jesus' birthday cake at Christmas each year, but this cranberry bread hits the spot when the cranberry cravings hit.

Grandmother's Famous Cranberry Bread

2 C flour

1 C sugar

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 C butter, softened

1 egg, beaten

1 tsp orange zest

3/4 C orange juice

2 & 1/4 C chopped cranberries

*Preheat oven to 350°.  Spray loaf pan with baking spray. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together. Cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add egg, orange peel, and orange juice. Stir to combine. Fold in chopped cranberries. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into loaf pan. Bake for 70 minutes or until toothpick, inserted in center, comes out clean. 


There are more cranberries to use so I'll be trying some new recipes. I've got a great recipe for a Strawberry-Cranberry Jam, but yesterday it was 107° and I talked myself out of  heating up the kitchen. When it's that cotton-pickin' hot, it doesn't take much talking. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...