Occasionally I get questions from readers and I try to reply back, but they are almost always from anonymous comments and I have no way to answer. Lately, I'm even having trouble replying to comments if you even leave a name. I type something out and it comes back immediately telling me the email is undeliverable. Alas, technology is not my forte.
So, I'll try and answer your questions in a post.
1. Unknown asked: what are the dimensions of the 2 cuts you made on the 10" blocks?
I posted about that quilt here
I cut two 2" strips from each square. I made a 2nd one, using different fabrics, but it is waiting for me to bind it.
2. I receive a lot of questions about this pattern in this post. That's a horribly blurry old photo - I apologize.
As far as I've been able to tell, it is no longer available. SO many people are looking for it, but I passed it on to a friend who is making it. I'm also unsure of the copyright laws (which I probably already broke by passing it on), about making copies and sending them out. If I got it back, I would not be surprised if I got 50+ requests and that would get spendy on my end.
3. To hand quilt or not to hand quilt...
A few weeks ago I posted about this quilt top.
Many of you chimed in and shared your advice and suggestions - thank you! I really appreciate your input and your thoughtful comments helped me think things through as I've continued to mull over what to do. I'd love to hand quilt it, but the fact that it's 102" x 118" has kept me from comitting to that many stitches so I think I'm going to settle on a backing and have it machine quilted. I hand bind all my quilts so I'll still enjoy some slow stitching with it.
Edited to add that my FIL called just as I was about to post this and said that my MIL was hyper-focused on a quilt (she didn't know which quilt) that someone (she didn't know who) had, that she wanted. He called to ask if I knew anything about it. I'm guessing it's this quilt so I offered to return it and will take it back as soon as possible to give her peace of mind. I may ask her if she would like for me to finish it, but the answer will vary from day to day so I'll just let it be. Alzheimers and/or dementia is heartbreaking, but we are doing our best to be supportive without overstepping.
4. Texas Cross Stitch
I've received at least a dozen requests for this pattern and I'm sorry to say, I no longer have it and I haven't a clue where you might be able to find it. I finished this in 2013. I found the pattern in a little shop in San Antonio years ago. I don't even know if that shop's still there. I just remember that it was on 1604, right where it intersects with Interstate 10.
I think that wraps up this round. I'll try to do a better job of keeping track of questions I am unable to respond to via email, and post answers here periodically.




No comments:
Post a Comment