Besides adding a few stitches to the quilt I'm currently binding in the evenings, I haven't been doing any sewing although I did drop off 6 quilts with my longarmer on Monday. That ought to keep me busy through the winter.
Apples have been keeping me busy in the kitchen
The last of the apples simmered for apple sauce while DH was off checking our cows.
The chickens got a clean coop earlier this week. DH installed some panels over the nesting boxes because we've had a few chickens want to nest there at night instead of sleeping on the roost and that makes the nesting boxes nasty. We just flip the panels up in the morning so they can lay their eggs.
DH captured this shot of the little jungle family the other morning when he went out to feed horses.
And the never-ending fencing project continues
After all these years, I still marvel at DH's work ethic and ingenuity
Every post is square and level
When it's just the 2 of us, it's a challenge to take pictures because I'm helping, but I told DH I want to document our days
The fence is coming along, and we're a long way from completion, but we did bring a few heifers over from our lease country.
We've still got old grass, but we've had a really dry summer here. We had a good May, but have just had 0.4" since then.
We even thought our bees might leave so we started feeding them.
The garden's still gifting us good things
We also picked up 4 more fruit trees from the White Oaks nursery. Jaimee had grafted 3 of them for us earlier this year and then gifted us a 4th.
It was a busy week. No time to twiddle thumbs, but plenty of time to be grateful and thank God for His abundant blessings















No comments:
Post a Comment