Monday, June 6, 2011

Bunny Hill Baby Quilt

A while back, my Mom asked me to make a baby quilt for my cousin's ex-girlfriend's baby. Yes, it's as strange as it sounds, but she's really nice and so we kept her. Grin! She's married now and has twin boys and they are expecting a girl so I began to stitch. I didn't know what she would want, so I made three and let her choose. This is not the one she chose. I didn't even get a picture of the finished quilt she chose which makes me sad, but I shared a photo of the top in my previous post, here:

I also made another Blooming Pinwheel quilt similar to this:

Here's the Bunny Hill one.


 I have loved this fabric since I first saw it and finally added it to my stash. Then I added some more so I imagine there will be more quilts on the horizen.

I found the appliqued pattern online (after looking at so many bunnies I was going cross-eyed) and fell in love with these bunnies. Originally I had planned to have then peeking over the thin  border under them, but as hard as I tried to line them up, they just did not want to cooperate. Bunnies are just as hard to get into a row as ducks.
Ok. It's 3:30 am so please forgive my feeble attempt at humor.

I backed it with this filigree fabric that I thought was very sweet. I love the soft colors in this line and the pink and brown color combination and I thought the brown binding framed it nicely.

I had to take the quilt town to get a picture of it because we haven't had a drop of rain since September and nothing is green or blooming and it just looks very sad out here. I kept waiting for rain, but it seems we may be waiting a while longer and rain or no rain, I wanted to share this quilt so a distant view of an irrigated field and some green branches is what you get. Oh, and a quilt.

I'm linking up with Quiltstory's Fabric Tuesday post this week. I love this blog. They always focus on the story behind the quilts and that's one of the things I love about quilting and there's always incredible inspiration to be found there!

13 comments:

Staci said...

You silly girl! You are pretty funny for 3 AM!
The quilt is just darling, your bunnies are such a sweeet touch.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Just beautiful!! I think I hear a country song coming out of this title! LOL

Great work on those quilts. You are keeping yourself pretty busy I see.

Still praying for rain down in your country...have a good week!

rosie said...

Karin, that baby quilt is just beautiful.. I need to make one for my baby grandson, and that just fits the bill..
Isn't it incredible that parts of your huge country are flooding and you are missing out.. I so hope that it comes soon. xx

Jenniffier said...

Amazing and lovely. That baby girl is a lucky one indeed. The bunnies are adorable!

Carol said...

The pink and brown go really well together. And the bunnies are very cute. :)

Theona said...

That is absolutely adorable! I love the white sashing--it really makes the blocks stand out. The bunnies look like they are resting on clouds!

Beautiful as usual!

Countrygirl said...

So cute! What a pretty quilt. Great job, I really like the colors.

cottonpicker said...

Too darn cute!!

Amiee said...

Adorable!

juliehallfeldhaus said...

I love the quilt and the pink and brown. I sure would have picked it!!

Kelsie Ann said...

I am new to quilting, but LOVE the pattern of this one. I know you said where you found the bunnies, but I wanted to ask: is there a pattern name for the block formation? I would love to find a pattern like this to possibly use on my FIRST EVER quilt that I am getting ready to start. Anyways, thanks for your help!

Kelsie Ann
cutcraftcreate.blogspot.com

Ranch Wife said...

Kelsie Ann - thank you for your sweet comment. I tried to reply, but you are a non-reply blogger so I do not have an email for you. Here is my reply: I hope you get it.

I'm so excited for you to make your first quilt! Fair warning though: its a sickness! LOL. This is a simple pattern. I used this tutorial for a basic pattern:

http://ocd-obsessivecraftingdisorder.blogspot.com/2010/08/mckinley-quilt-pattern.html

I love this quilt - it is so simple and I plan to make more. I hope this helps and enjoy your quilting adventure!
Ranch Wife
aka: Karin

Kelsie Ann said...

I had no idea that I was a no-reply blogger! haha Thank you for responding on here. I hope it's a sickness, I am starting to see tons of fabrics (that go together) and I've got to do something with them, right?! Thank you again for being so very helpful and sweet. I'll be checking that out.

Kelsie Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...