Thursday, December 1, 2011

Kicking off December or "I Can't Share That Yet"


December 1st brought us our first storm of the season and snow is forecasted for tomorrow. That's good news after the scorching, dry year we had. Moisture of any kind will be welcomed with open arms and the cold air will be greeted with a cup of hot cider and a cozy quilt. Hoping the wind that they are forecasting does not materialize though. 60-70 mph means the dirt will be flying. Oops! Too late!

More good news. The 1st round of the National Finals Rodeo is on tonight. 10 days of good horses and great competition. I'm ready. This year's NFR will find me stitching the binding on Christmas presents that you won't get to see until after they are delivered, but I spent part of the morning pulling fabrics for one of them:

I'm stitching up something  extra to send to my seam-ripper-giveaway-winner, but I can't show you that yet either.

I made some 4-patches and got them in the mail for Regina's 4Patches4Hope project:



I'm working on another giveaway too. They are so much fun! Can't share that yet either, but I'll announce it on the 10th and I'm joining in on the fun over here:



I want to share something , but everything's under lock and key this time of year.

My Scrappy Western Many Trips blocks are on the back burner until after the first of the year. Half of them are complete. I'm hoping it'll be my first finish of the new year.

I'm eager to get back to my abandoned Granny Squares quilt too so today I did dust that off and sew up a few blocks just so it wouldn't think I had forgotten it. I can share that!
My ongoing-longterm-hexagon project is...ongoing:



I opened the box the other day to add a few more stitched pieces and was surprised to see how many there were:

I'm planning on making Bonnie Hunter's Hexagon Medallion Quilt in blues and browns and I laid some out a while ago just to get a feel for it:

I hope I still like blue and brown when I finish. Right now it makes me grin.

I hope that y'all are enjoying the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and finding peace amidst the hustle and bustle. I know that your lists are long and that time is short, but I hope that you will make time to "Be still and know." It's so easy to get caught up in the busy-ness of this world and then we miss the most amazing everyday moments that God truly wants to bless us with. I'll be repeating that daily as a reminder to myself.

Gotta run. The NFR is calling!

9 comments:

Staci said...

Keep warm! This crazy wind is really something, isn't it? I'm doing those kinds of projects, too. My blog is very quiet these days as a result. Your hexies are GORGEOUS! Wow! and I am so glad you are back to granny squares again! I really love that one! How many more blocks do you need for it?

Janet said...

Our local cowboy, Jake Rinehart is in the steer wrestling. So we'll be watching the NFR too. Love the hexagon medallion!

Cassandra said...

Hello! I stumbled across your blog via the RSS feed on quilterblogs.com.

I love all of your blocks! I am a newbie quilter and they look intimidating but gorgeous. :) I especially love those granny squares.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Isn't winter wonderful - time to stay inside and stitch! So many lovely things you're working on - really can't wait to see the hexie quilt - so pretty!! Hugs!

Doniene said...

Lovely projects - you are always busy!! Sorry about the wind - hope you get more moisture. We too are looking for some drizzle, but nothing yet, just cold NE wind.

Blessings to you and all your family!

Deanna said...

I have been building up to a granny square quilt. Are you using a pattern? What size squares are you starting with? Oh, I must get some things finished before I start any more!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh I like all the pictures you shared!! The granny block is really neat. Hope you are staying warm - enjoy the NFR - we went ( only one time ) but LOVED it.

Shelljo said...

I recognize that chicken fabric in the first photo! It's the fabric I used for my kitchen curtains!

I thought of you while I was in JoAnne's yesterday...some beautiful cowboy fabric. Cowboy sillhouetts on a dark red fabric. I loved it, but since I was looking for fabric for my brother's curtains, and it doesn't go with his color theme...I left it in the store.

NaomiG said...

Ah! Your quilting projects are so beautiful and inspiring.

Can't wait to see pics of all your fun Christmas projects after they've been opened by their recipients.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...