Friday, September 13, 2013

Salisbury Steak

I think I finally settled on a Salisbury Steak recipe. I've tried many. This is an amalgamation of at least 3 of those recipes and it made the final cut.


Those fresh green beans were the best we've had all year. Oops! Forgot to add the gravy on the potatoes before I took the photo so please excuse my undressed spuds. :)

Salisbury Steak

2# lean ground beef
2 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire
1/4 C dry breadcrumbs
2 tsp prepared horseradish
1 egg
1/4 C chopped onion
Seasoning salt, granulated garlic, and pepper to taste
Pico de Gallo

*Combine all ingredients and form into oval patties. Brown in a bit of olive oil and butter in a  cast iron skillet. Remove from heat when cooked through.

Gravy

1 sliced onion
1 Tbsp butter
2 C beef broth - love the 'Better than Bouillon' for stuff like this.
2 tsp Worcestershire
1 Tbsp Ketchup
1-2 tsp spicy brown mustard
1 Tbsp steak sauce

*Saute onion and butter in same pan you cooked the steaks in for about 5 minutes to caramelize the onions.. Add your steaks back into the pan. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over steaks.

*Serve with lots freshly made Pico de Gallo. This is a must.

The search is over. :)


6 comments:

Doniene said...

Yummy!!! Just read your last post too!! The store IS NICE!!! Anything to help our trips to town!! Our local store also updated - I like to shop there for certain items, so try to make the time!

Blessings

Pauline said...

Sounds wonderful. I'm always looking for good ground meat recipes. I'll do this tomorrow night. Yum. I agree with you on the "Better than Bouillon" I use both the chicken and the beef. Better than stock too.

laverne said...

I haven't tried the Better than Bouillon,will have to get some.That looks really good.I love your plates by the way.

Denise :) said...

Ummm...I'm not a real Pico de Gallo fan. Does that give me a strike?! On the other hand, your recipe for Salisbury Steak sounds yummy...and I prefer my spuds bare naked. Haha! :)

Denise :) said...

I made this last night ... Todd and I agreed we'd finally found the Salisbury Steak recipe that we both like. It's a keeper!! Thanks again for sharing it!! :)

Denise :) said...

PS -- In fact, it's so good, I'm going to enter it in our guild's cookbook!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...