Friday, November 13, 2015

Fun Flowers Baby Girl Quilt

I recently finished this happy little quilt that I pieced from leftovers from a previous project:


I love the addition of that black and white dot! It made everything else pop and it was the perfect binding:

                           

Jackie quilted it using a pattern called Flower Power and it's 45" x 45".


It's a pretty day to just hang out around here this morning:

                                         

We had our first freeze the other day, but I hope this fall weather hangs around for a good long while before winter settles in:

                                                 

I didn't have quite enough of the flower print for the backing so I just added a bit of this pink dot from my stash to frame it on two sides:

                                            

I had fun trying to figure out how to best use what I had left from the original project and I hope it'll become a favorite for the little baby girl who receives it.

                                         

That's 11 finished quilts so far this year. I'm hoping to squeeze in two more since they're Christmas quilts. It feels good to be finishing quilts although you probably won't be surprised when I tell you that I'm starting new projects as fast as I'm finishing old ones!

15 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

It's adorable! I love the black & white dot fabric, too.

Judy said...

I Love the colors! It's a wonderful and bright quilt, perfect for a baby blanket!! It's great!!

Catherine said...

That is a cute quilt! Love the prints, it`s perfect!

allthingzsewn said...

How cute, what little girl wouldn't love this.

Janet O. said...

I'm impressed with your number of finishes!
And this is such a sweet treat of a quilt! : )

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So bright and cheery!!! Good for you for using up the beautiful fabrics and finishing 11 quilts!!!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I need a little girl quilt for new baby arriving in Florida in March. This one is really cute and I have some of the Lake House flowers fabric left from a couple of years ago. Perfect!!! Feel for you not ready for cold weather. We've had a couple of light freezes down on the creek. I love seeing the frost line move closer up the pasture toward our yard each day. Not happy when it finally gets my flowers...LOL!!!!

KaHolly said...

Oh, my goodness, that is just too cute! Well done!

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful quilt. Hard to believe that it came from leftovers. Dotty fabrics are so much fun.

Dorian said...

Woohoo Karin, you're on a roll!! good luck getting those last two done in time. This little girl quilt is adorable.

agent713 said...

It's beautiful! Black is a bit of a risk but you're right. It totally makes it pop. Good for you!

juliehallfeldhaus said...

I Love it Pink is my favorite color:) I am a girl and you could say I'm little (short) I'm just sayin!!!

Pauline said...

Great choice of colors and patterns for a little girl. Love it! I would have a hard time parting with this one! Yeah, winter is here and Ken is miserable in cold weather. Just can't tolerate the cold. Upside of this is the house is always warm and toasty and I can wear shorts inside most of the time. I'm finishing up my origami bow tie quilt made from scraps. I found an easy loop de loop pattern to quilt and it's going super fast. So I can get to another UFO soon.

Denise :) said...

What a happy, bright and colorful quilt! You can't help but smile when you see it!! We haven't had a frost yet, though we've come close. Crazy, since usually by the end of October we'll have had a good one. Ah well. We can wait it out! :)

sherry said...

11…well hello superwoman!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...