Thursday, November 5, 2015

Bunny Hill Baby Boy Quilt

I picked up two baby quilts from Jackie on Monday after work a few weeks ago and happily settled in to bind them over the rainy weekend:

I'm sure some of y'all are sick of the rain, but around here, we've never seen enough rain to be tired of it. I've heard we're in for a cold, wet winter, but that remains to be seen and I'll be sure and let you know when we've reached our saturation point. :)

In the meantime, I have this sweet little finished quilt to share that I made from scrappy leftovers from the original Bunny Hill line called Lily and Will:

                                         

 This is the original baby quilt I made with it a few years ago:


I used left over jelly roll strips, added that plaid from my stash, pieced them into hourglass blocks, and added the borders to make it a bit bigger.

                          

Jackie quilted this darling little moon and stars pattern across it:

                                                

And I backed it with that sweet plaid print and pulled a brown from my stash for the binding.

                        

It measures 40 x 40 and is patiently awaiting the arrival of a little baby boy...unless its a girl!

                         

6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The soft colors make this a peaceful quilt for a little one. I love the photos, especially the bear snuggled under the blanket.

Pauline said...

Adorable! Great design and wonderful combination of colors and pattern. I love making a quilt from leftovers. The stars in the quilting are intriguing. All my attempts at star patterns look like a second grader learning to make them. These are perfect, will have to try it soon. We're getting rain too. No flooding here on the hill, some run off as expected, but mostly gentle rain. Wonderful!

Dorian said...

Very sweet Karin! I love it when I can use up scraps in another quilt/project. Great job! And I'm glad you are getting some much needed rain. We have been getting it on and off too :)

Judy said...

That second quilt is such a great quilt I just love it, and the backing is perfect!! I need to get one made after Christmas for next year. Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Catherine said...

Very nice and I like the way you use your scraps.

Ranch Wife said...

Thank you so much, Cathy - I can't reply back to you because you are showing up as a non-reply blogger and I have no way of contacting you so I am hoping you will see my reply here.
I love finding ways to use scraps, but the more I sew with them, the more they seem to multiply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...