Friday, February 15, 2019

Shipping and Stitching

It's taking me longer than expected to recuperate from my trip last week and it may or may not have something to do with my age...the jury's still out. Lots of late nights filled with good conversation that I wouldn't have missed for the world, throw in a few early mornings to fix breakfast for the crew,  a few more late nights helping out at the safari banquet this past weekend,


and I am just PTO...plumb tuckered out. I feel something akin to a wet dishrag.

However, I made time to sew a bit on Sunday. I had visited with our North Camp gal  about including some fabric from clothing that belonged to her son and dad into her quilt and she brought me pieces of those shirts the other day. I hope to have this top pieced and off to Jackie by the end of the month.


I pieced a back for this quilt that I pieced a while back when I realized I could use some masculine quilts:

                                             

And one day last week, a need arose, so I am handing this one off to my friend who has a long arm quilting machine. The baby quilt still is not bound, but I'm making progress.


In the midst of everyday life, we shipped off 4 truck loads of cattle on Tuesday:

                             

That meant I logged in some time in the kitchen:


We've had so much wind here lately, that it was a sweet blessing to have a day of calm, with bright blue skies for the crew to gather, sort, and load trucks:


Around here, a firm handshake is still about honesty and integrity:


Whew! Last truck loaded. Three cheers for shorter feed runs.


And new babies hitting the ground!




7 comments:

Sherrill said...

DANG! I think you're Wonder Woman!! Don't think I could get all that done without just turning around and keelin' over! Whew! Those ooey gooey sticky bun thingies sure do look wonderful.

Shelly said...

Oh, what a sweet baby! You're like a whirling dervish, you're so busy!

Unknown said...

Whew ! Makes me tired to just think about all that you do.
I love the mama cleaning her baby !! Mama is a big girl.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Awww babies!! PTO - I love that acronym - you deserve a break - look at all that you do!

I'm just saying: said...

My neighbor raises black angus and it's so interesting and entertaining seeing their individual personalities. There are some babies that are more outgoing and so cute! One licked the nose of my dog as they greeted each other through the fencing. =) My dog ran. LOL

shyleigh said...

I really enjoy your blog and can finally comment (took me forever to figure it out). I read your daughter's blog and have bookmarked it. You both did a wonderful job with her and she is working on herself as well. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Dorian said...

Sounds like you've been pretty busy Karin. Glad you're finding some sewing time. I look forward to cute pictures of new babies :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...