Monday, October 14, 2019

Rain From Heaven

With the kids home for a week and cooking for the crew for a week, I've not had the time to post about our big blessing. Those of you that have been here long enough know that weather is a big part of our lives. Farmers and ranchers are obsessed with the weather and when it rains here in the desert, ya'll know a post is going to pop up sooner or later.


On the night of September 30th we had a deluge


Yes, 4" is a deluge in the desert. It's been years since we had a 4" rain. And on Tuesday we added another 1". North and south parts of the ranch had between 6-8". The east and west sides had 8" in 3 rains. Dirt tanks that were previously completely dry are now overflowing


DH has been on chicken chore duty for 2 months since I've been out of commission and he went out the next morning and dug a trench on one side and built a drain on the other end to keep the chicken yard from flooding:


Since I'm still not completely mobile, I wasn't able to trot around and take a lot of photos, but when DH said he was going to check on the east side, I just HAD to join him:


We went all through summer (August and September are generally our monsoon season) without nary a drop and now we are praising God for this:


Yes, God is worthy of our praise every day, all day, rain or shine, but we are just over the moon when it rains.


Here's the most awesome part of the story. Our sweet neighbor. Grandma Lillian (whom I have talked about HERE, HERE, and HERE) passed away and her service was on Monday, the 30th. She was 95. Her grandson said the last time he talked to her, he told her that she needed to have a talk with Jesus when she got to heaven about straightening things out down here. Lo and behold if we didn't get this amazing rain that very night. I actually woke up in the middle of the night and lay there with a big smile on my face because I knew that precious lady was celebrating in heaven and she made sure we were celebrating down here as well.


So thank you Jesus...and Grandma Lillian because I have no doubt that she didn't waste any time when she arrived in heaven.


9 comments:

Dorian said...

WOOHOO!!! Yes, God is good! Thats wonderful all that rain you have. I'm sorry about Grandma Lillian, but I bet she is a happy camper now that she is with the Lord. Take care!

Donna said...

Glad you got the much needed rain! Love your Grandma Lillian story!

Sherrill said...

WOW! That IS a lot of rain. We went all of Sept. with not a thing rain-wise and it's normally one of our rainier months. But we did get 1.5" on Fri. and so happy for that. My sister passed on 10/5 and I hope she's up there as well.

Tired Teacher said...

Bountiful blessings!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Grandma Lillian sounds like she has an inside track with our Lord and Savior. Sorry you lost your friend and neighbor, but I'm very happy you were favored with a bountiful rain!!

suz said...

so happy for you guys - I'm sure this is a huge blessing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That gave me the chills ;-) Hugs to you and grandma Lillians family

Nancy said...

How gloriously wonderful to get so much rain! I love seeing all your water.

Robin said...

What a delightful post. I'm so glad you got the rain!!! You're probably still smiling. Rain or any moisture is a precious thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...