Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Not a Salad Kind of Day

It seems I was a little premature posting the salad recipe yesterday and talking about our mild winter because I woke up yesterday morning to this:


On Monday our high was 75°.


Tuesday it was 32°.


These were taken at 8 a.m. as the snow began to stick:


The county was out blading our road so that calls for cookies for him:


And soup for us:


And after the morning in the kitchen, I treated myself to an afternoon playing with fabric:


And an evening of binding:


We're expecting more snow overnight so we're hunkering down and bundling up.

7 comments:

Dorian said...

Oh so cozy!! Isn't the weather crazy? We had a cold snap too, had some snow swirls on Sun, but not like you. Now things are slowly warming up again. Such back and forth weather this year. Glad you got to play with some fabric too! Have a great day.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Enjoy!! Heck - we really got it too - and that was unexpected - they said maybe 2, we got 8 ... I would come share a bowl with you haha!! Stay warm!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Same here. The wind has an arctic bite this morning with sub zero wind chills.

Shelly said...

We're getting more today, on top of what hasn't melted yet from the last two weeks. And for some reason, today I canNOT get warm! I'm on my second pot of coffee. I think it'll be an early evening getting into my chair with my snuggie and a cat!

Janet O. said...

That is quite a swing in temps!
We have a lot of snow this week, too, but it isn't such an unusual thing here. I love the photo of the horses in the falling snow.
The cookies look delicious! Are they ginger cookies?

Violet said...

I love your unpredictable weather. Here in Fort Walton Beach,Florida I can predict with 100% accuracy no snow...ever. Our "winter" lasts about 2 weeks. We have hot and hotter in the forecast from about April to October. In fact, we are under a tornado watch right now. Good Grief.

Nancy said...

Your snow photos are beautiful and the cookies look delicious. That photo of the horses running the snow is fabulous! It would look beautiful enlarged, framed, and hung on a wall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...