Monday, February 10, 2020

Take Me Out to the Ball Game Baby Quilt

My dear friend's youngest daughter had her first baby and that called for a baby quilt, even though M is a quilter too. M is the one that inspired me to become a quilter about 12 years ago. Her youngest daughter was also our girl's best friend growing up.They are avid baseball fans so I knew exactly what I wanted to make. I wish I had finished this up when M and I met up a few weeks ago, but I just didn't have all of my ducks in a row.

I knew exactly what pattern I wanted to use for this special little quilt. I thought a Trip Around the World quilt looked a little like a baseball diamond and I love the end result!


I've made almost 100 quilts, but this was the first time I'd made this pattern, but it won't be the last...I hope they love it!

Sweet little Rhys is already here. I'm blaming it on those ducks that he doesn't have his quilt yet. He'll have it for his first Valentine's day though.

I backed it with a navy Minky that shows Jackie's perfect quilting:


Isn't that perfect? It looks like baseballs. Honestly, Jackie is such a treasure. She adds the magic ingredient to every quilt I take to her.


I worked on the binding in the evenings while we watched the Ft. Worth Stockshow and Rodeo:


This quilt is 38 x 46, and winging it's way to one special little All-Star:



12 comments:

Dorian said...

What a great quilt Karin!! I, too, love that pattern and yet have never made it!! It's perfect for a baseball loving fan, looks just like a baseball diamond. Great job!!

Donna said...

What an adorable baby quilt! The baseball theme is so cute along with the quilting! That will definitely be a keepsake!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fine finish for a special little one!!

Violet said...

Well done! Such pretty, vivid colors.

Janet O. said...

Very sweet!

Libby said...

That is cute............

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s adorable! I love the last photo with the bat and mitt.

Julierose said...

That is a lovely quilt--did you strip it or do it square by square? I love that pattern --it is on my list...hugs, Julierose

R's Rue said...

Beautiful. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

What a fun quilt! Did you use Bonnie Hunter’s instructions for the Trip Around the World? (That is on my to-do list). And I agree with you - that quilting is the perfect final touch.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Margaret - you showed up as a non-reply blogger so I am unable to answer your question via email. I'm hoping you'll see it here. :) I have made a Trip Around the World in the past using Bonnie's method, but this time I used Eleanor Burn's pattern. It also uses strips but hers are rectangles and the quilt is assembled in quadrants. When I made the quilt using Bonnie's method, I used 2 1/2" squares.

Nancy said...

That is the perfect quilt for a baseball-lovin' mom's baby. Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...