Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Wildflower Quilt Finish

 I love quilt finishes as much as I love quilt beginnings and this one started way back in February of 2020 with some fabrics from a 2015 line called Bloom & Bliss. I just had some random 1/2 yard cuts from the collection and I added a little bit of gingham and one more print from my stash:

The pattern I used is called Wildflowers 

and I love the combination of pieced flowers and pinwheels:

I added an extra row, used a white on white dot for the background and pulled the red print from the pinwheels for the binding:

Once I had this pieced, it hung around for a long time waiting for a backing, but I found this fun blue print at a little shop called Scrappy Quilter in Schertz, TX last year and knew it was exactly what I had been looking for:

Jackie's quilting magic brought everything to life

At 65" x 75", I think it made a pretty little quilt:

I wish I had a fresh spring backdrop to show it off, but although we've had some warm days, the desert terrain hasn't quite decided to relinquish it's hold on winter just yet, but we've got pretty blue skies - at least we did this morning when I took these photos - now the wind is howling and the sky is filled with dirt, but just 2 days ago 2 of the trees began to release their little pre-leaves, or seeds, so green leaves are soon to follow 

I'll keep it in my quilt armoire until it is chosen to fill a need and hopefully bring a little joy. 

I like to keep a few finished quilts on hand because when something comes up, it's nice to have a few choices to select from. We had a few clouds the next day so I snapped this shot that shows the true colors:

6 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

It is such a sweet quilt. I keep quite a few tops around ;-) It would be best to have them completed…..I’ll use you for inspiration for getting them finished.

Chantal said...

Congratulations on this gorgeous finishing. It is very summer-y. I love it. ;^)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Such pretty spring colors

Shelly said...

That's adorable!

Anonymous said...

I haven’t been getting your messages for quite a while— could I be subscribed again— please?

Deloris Eldredge
Ddeldredge@comcast.net

Jo Kramer said...

I love this quilt!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...