Thursday, March 31, 2022

I Spy Quilt for Clayton

 3 weeks ago a co-worker shared that her cousin's baby was having surgery in Houston. He was born with Craniosynostosis - a premature fusion of the cranial sutures (soft spots). I went home and began pulling fabrics for a quilt. 


I've been collecting fabrics for I Spy quilts for some time and I thought Clayton needed one so sewing commenced. I used a disappearing 9-patch for the design and pulled lots of fun 5" novelty prints for the blocks:

I pieced it in 3 days and took it to Jackie who had it ready when I was back in town on Monday for work. I sat down to bind it the next day and thought I'd try to bind it by machine. I figured the blue binding, combined with the blue Minky, might hide any wobbles and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it, but I love stitching binding by hand:

I backed it with blue Minky for that cozy, cuddle effect

I will give it to my co-worker on Monday. There are 56 little squares for him to seek and find in this quilt that finishes at 48" x 58"

After a successful surgery, Clayton is home - surrounded with love and prayers. He's busy healing and  exploring and growing and thriving. Praising God for the medical team and technology that made it possible and excited to watch this little boy discover all the new adventures that lie ahead and I hope he drags this little quilt along for the ride:

2 comments:

Shelly said...

What a great gift for a great reason. I hope Clayton is completely cured!

Shepherdess55 said...

Just this weekend our church organist told the congregation that her grandson, Giovanni, recently had surgery for the very same thing as Clayton. Praying that both will heal well without future complications.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...